Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    consmanager Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Briggs and stratton model intek v-twin 725cc 26hp is smoking bad when started
    When started, engine smoke BAD - as in raw oil type smoking. Engine only has @ 170 hrs on it, and is used rarely. When last used a few weeks ago, everything was fine. Now, when it starts it smoke very badly. I read somewhere to "check the crank case vent tube" - but this engine doesn't seem to have one? I'm disabled VET and have a hard time bending over to get a good look, but when I sut down, there was raw oli that sprayed out of the muffler?

Help
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 05:41 PM
    Hi,
    My guess is a blown head gasket. That would let oil into the combustion chamber.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Oct 28, 2012, 04:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crigby View Post
    Hi,
    My guess is a blown head gasket. That would let oil into the combustion chamber.
    Peace,
    Clarke
    These same symptoms occur when the carburetor sticks and let's gas into the oil. Is it overfull on the oil dipstick?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

26HP twin "V" overhead valve Briggs and stratton nightmare! [ 10 Answers ]

Ok, this is going to be a long post/question, but necessary for everybody to get the whole picture. I purchased 3 (non working) identical 26HP briggs engines. The idea was to get them running, and sell 2 of them, getting the 3rd one free. They are intek 446777 overhead valve engines. I...

23 hp Brigs & Stratton Intek V-Twin Engine won't stay running [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 23hp Briggs Intek V-Twin Engine that starts but dies after choke is pushed in.

26hp Briggs and Stratton floods out under load [ 1 Answers ]

My 445877 brigg n stratton floods under load

Engine switch V twin briggs for Briggs intek ohc [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to exchange a 19 hp V Twin into a Craftsman lt 2000 mower. It was originally equipped with a 22 hp Intek V OHC. I am wondering how different the wiring is going to be. Also is this possible? The 19 HP twin is Model 42A777 Type 1236 01. The Intek is Model 407777 Type 0174 E1 Thank...

New 26hp Briggs & Stratton Engine Surges [ 2 Answers ]

I just replaced the engine in my lawn tractor with a new 26hp B&S v-twin vertical mounted engine. When I advance the throttle from slow to fast, the engine surges, and I am unable to get full power. There is a rod near the throttle stop that moves up and down when the engine surges. When light...

View more questions Search