Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    retina111 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Continued ghost haunting
    My boyfriend and I have been experiencing continued hauntings and I hope you can help me out as I have no clue how to deal with my problem.
    Last year, I was staying in an apartment along with three other housemates. Within a month, I started experiencing ghostly dreams, along with noises, strange smells in my room, shadows, things going missing, and so on. I got freaked out and just couldn't stay alone in my room. I called my boyfriend to stay along with me for a few days. It got so depressing to a point that we couldn't take it anymore and I shifted out of the apartment. My housemates continue to stay there and did not experience any such haunting.
    The new place was fine without any paranormal activity. But that was when my boyfriend started facing troubles. He has recurring dreams about two ghosts, one a man and the other a woman. The woman seems to be wearing the necklace which I had lost in the previous apartment. The ghosts are violent and they are strong enough to physically hit him. Last night he had a terrible dream. The man in his dream said that they had been haunting me from a long time, and all was fine until my boyfriend came and I shifted out. Now they can not harm me apparently. He also mentioned that he used to watch me while I was alone in my room and the descriptions he gave about what I do in my room were accurate, even my boyfriend wouldn't know that. Like what time I sleep and set my alarm, how long I take a shower, etc.
    I'm really freaked out and I just want to help my boyfriend out.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Lets look at this logically first...

You moved into an apartment with other housemates all having separate room, I'm presuming you chose yours.Everything was OK until the dreams or was it! You say there were strange noises and smells.Did you experience the noises and smells before the dreams? If this were the case then that could have got your imagination going so much so that this played on your mind when you were asleep,then of course items went missing or perhaps they were mislaid and were never found.This is very easy to do,I do it all the time.A necklace can slide into the smallest corner of anything and never be discovered,only to turn up out of the blue some time later.

Remember you have just moved into a new place everything is different,some rooms do have an odd smell about them, especially when weather changes... rain usually makes a room smell musty if it is damp or never gets any sun, shadows fall everywhere in a dark room, more so in a room that is new to you,this can make your imagination run wild making all kinds of imaginary things.When a room settles especially at night lots of noises can be heard... it's the house settleing down for the night,again these noises would be new to you,unlike somewhere that you have lived for a long time,you don't notice but they are still there.

Couple all of these things with your imagination and the fact that you are tired when you go to bed, then you brain will give you all manner of dreams because these thoughts play in your sub- conscious, the conscequence of this is your own mind giving you what appears to you to be... ghostly encounters.This I think is not the case,I think it's all the talk and events of the day being manufactured into a dream when you are a sleep.

You say your boyfriend also had trouble,more or less of the same kind... again think about this,all the information that you will have given him about your encounter would have been stored in his mind... so yes he would have had a similar dream to your own only more so... he must have stayed with you before all of this so he would know what times your alarm was set and the necklace going missing, the noises and the smells etc... He then like you put it all together in his mind when a sleep,making it ghostly dreams... his was a bit more physical which I think he probably manufactured himself... maybe not intentionally.but being a man,that's what they do.So when you break it down all you really have is dreams occompanied by noises and smells that you can't quite explain... but probably can be if thought about.
    That's the logical explanation.

However if you really feel that you are being haunted,then look into passed history of the building where you stayed.. have there been any deaths or other strange encounters?maybe you can find the previous owners who may have a story to tell you.

Then there is the other theory... it seems your boyfriend has had the more detailed experience, which begs the question.
    Could this all be down to him?

My own opinion is... the logical one
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Oct 27, 2012, 10:36 AM
    First of all... they can harm you. Spirits do, however, claim people as their own. They aren't watching out for you in YOUR best interest but in theirs. If they are attached to you, which it sounds as if they are, they probably simply don't want your boyfriend around.

All the activity began at the apartment... or have you experienced things like this in the past as well?

Oct 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
    The noises and smells did not come after the dream. It's just that I ignored them initially. Once I started getting the dreams, the noises became more intense.. like somebody whispering something but I couldn't figure out what. The room felt suffocating even though it was well ventilated. It wasn't just that. Things were moved from their original place, and there was just a general negative feeling inside the room.
    Also, what bothered me were my boyfriend's dreams. My boyfriend did not know about my missing necklace, he also did not know most of the stuff he dreamt about.
    This is the first time I'm experiencing something like this. Please help me out.

Oct 27, 2012, 02:13 PM
    While living in the apartment did you or any of your roommates experiment or play in the occult? This would include ouija boards as well.

That you know of, has anyone in your family ever experienced anything like this? Is anyone in your family spiritually sensitive?

Oct 27, 2012, 11:16 PM
    No we did not experiment with the occult. My roommates are non believers so there is no chance they would have done something like that.
    About my family, yes, my mom is spiritually sensitive. She stays alone in her house. She says she can feel somebody in the house, ruffling through work papers, walking around the house. She doesn't feel it always, just very rarely. That could be her imagination though.
    When I shifted into that apartment, she visited me in the first few days and she didn't like the feel of the house. She couldn't tell what was wrong about it, but she said it didn't feel right. I ignored it thinking that she was probably worried about me and wanted me to stay in a less secluded place.

Oct 27, 2012, 11:19 PM
    My boyfriend communicated through his dreams asking the spirits what they want and they said they wanted me. But now they can not touch me. So they're going to take their revenge.
    I know this sounds hard to believe and that is why I can not tell it to anybody else.

Oct 28, 2012, 05:49 AM
    Again, they CAN harm you. They want you in the sense that they want to be an influence in your life... not that they are going to "get" you.

Spirits most often pass from one family member to the next. It's a generational connection. The spirits that are bothering you very likely are connected to what your mom experiences also.

No, this doesn't sound hard to believe, because it happens, quite often. You're not alone

Oct 28, 2012, 06:11 AM
    Isn't there any way I can stop it?

Nov 5, 2012, 04:50 PM
    Sure there is. It just depends on how serious you are about stopping it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is something haunting me? [ 3 Answers ]

I haven't dreamt for months and I've noticed that I am almost fearing sleep in my room causing me to stay up till early morning hours. I didn't think much of it until I was talking with a family member about paranormal occurrences that she had witnessed. Then last night while trying to fall asleep...

Am I being followed by a ghost, spirit or thing continued.. [ 5 Answers ]

I want to start by thanking all of you whom answered my previous question (see link https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/paranormal-phenomena/am-being-followed-ghost-spirit-thing-472245.html?similar=1&rep=0). I found the range of answers offered enlightening. They ranged from the not so paranormal...

Ghost is haunting my daughter. [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 7 yrs old she saw a little girls that looks just like her little sister except that this little girl was very dark and was watching her, didn't talk to her. My daughter ran very frighten about what she just had seen with her eyes. Is it possible that my daughter is seeing things...

Ghost movies from late 80s early 90s about a girl who sees her boyfriend ghost who di [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a movie about a girl whose boyfriend died in a plane crash and she starts seen his ghost, then she has somekind of accident and goes into a comma and then her spirit meets with her boyfriends spirit and the hospital where she is and she can she her body lying on the bed. At the end of the...

Name of movie: Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling [ 1 Answers ]

Killer named ghost or the ghost; man named king who escaped by falling out of a window; man who ghost thinks of as worthy of being his predecessor

View more questions Search