Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brittanylea11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 08:01 AM
    Did anyone die in my house
    Where there any deaths at this address, I have been hearing and experiencing some weird things going on. I want to find out if it is just me or if someone is haunting the place. Please, Please Let me know!
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2012, 10:18 AM
    You need to find the previous owners.Go to the local library or the council or speak to the neighbors.
    You could also ask at the local church,usually the minister would know his congregation over several years.
    If there is a local store and the occupants have been there a while, then shop owners would know most people in the area and who shopped in the store,people tend to gather in places of a similar nature... even the local pub.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Oct 27, 2012, 10:32 AM
    I agree. The best way to find the history of the home is to talk to neighbors that have been there for some time... especially if deaths occurred there.

What are you experiencing?
    brittanylea11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2012, 08:14 AM
    It is an old house. There are people that live above me but I know all the sounds they make. Recently I have been hearing what sounds like footsteps next to my bed (it creaks), I have heard a door slamming very loudly where there once was a door but there is no longer a door. One of my bedroom doors I don't go in and I keep it shut, it opened by itself. I didn't have any windows open and my blinds were moving like the wind was moving it. A string was sticking out of my dresser drawer and it was swinging back and fourth and lastly I have always felt like there was someone else in the kitchen area with me, when know one was home with me. Oh and the basement light goes on when I haven't been down there in a very long time.
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Oct 29, 2012, 02:41 AM
    MY opinion is that because someone dies in any house or building, is not one of the main events that "causes" paranormal activity . And the vast majority of suspected "hauntings" can be explained when properly investigated.

Any building can propagate a symphony of noises by the expansion and contraction they do daily as they heat and cool.
    The plumbing can cause anything from "bumps" to what can sound like voices, footsteps , groans, laughter just to name a few.
    The electrical energy from the wiring can cause uneasiness to actual illness depending on the strength and length of time you are exposed.
    Also as buildings age and settle and wear the noises can change , go away, or new ones start.

I believe in the paranormal and have experienced it. I have seen there can be a subtle side like the things you have described that I would classify as paranormal.
    There also occur things so outrageos and against the laws of science , physics, nature that to retell them could get you thrown into a hospital for "observation" and medication to aleve your delusions and hallucinations.

The human brain is so amazing in what it can do that when you hear or see something that you don't understand , your brain will try to put it into a situation that it understands.
    And since shows like "Ghost Hunters" are so common and movies like Paranormal Activity , the brain will find it a similar situation and "classify" your experience as "ghost-like" all in 1/000 of a second and you then without realizing it focus on it being scary or strange. When this happens your brain starts working faster due to our basic survival instincts reaction to fear. It then tells your body to release adrenalin that heightens your awareness and makes you more susceptible to misjudge what you are experiencing.

This heightened activity can cause you to be so much more aware of what is going on around you , you will hear and see things you normally would not notice.
    And many times these are the things that are mistaken for ghosts, voices, knocking , and on and on.

Hauntings do happen.
    But I have spent many years looking into these things and would advise that you look elsewhere first.

If you carefully look into what is happening with an open mind you may find the causes.

But if these things persist or increase or there is more to tell about what is happening and you want assistance I have great confidence that the people here can help you find a solution whatever it may be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do with lien on house for child support, wrong house/person? [ 1 Answers ]

We recently found out a lien is on our house for somebody that doesn't live here or that we've heard of, for $8,000 in child support. If we have to get a lawyer to clear this up, who do we go after to get the money back we had to spend on the lawyer? We live in Ontario, Canada

House off septic tank system and now Sewer gas in the house after rain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I live in a 46 year old concrete, tile floored, wood roofed home in Key Largo Florida. The ground is crushed coral rock, there is no soil in Key Largo--the island is the remains of an ancient coral reef. Recently the county switched over to sewers from septic tanks. Injection type sewer...

HELP renting a house on a written contract and the house is being short sale [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my family were desperately need to rent a house fast so we signed a written contract for a year but now its being short sale one month before our contract is over we paid her late fees (no more than 8 days late on rent) she charged us 50 a day because she said the bank was charging her that...

Snow on house -water is leaking through ceiling in covered patio, but not in house? [ 2 Answers ]

Water dripping through roof of covered patio in several places-lots of snow on roof- not leaking into house just patio.

View more questions Search