Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samidrisk0524 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 01:57 AM
    Paranormal?
    So last night my husband and I was laying in bed and we heard someone walking in our bathroom and then a creepy sound then our water in the bathroom cut itself on after we turned the light on it cut off... Any answers?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 27, 2012, 06:08 AM
    Ahhhh! The dreaded potty monster, a fearful sound in the middle of the night. Terror in the toilet so to speak. In order to nail this down, I need a little information. Is the sound worse when the flush goes down or when the tank fills? Is this a first or second floor john? And does your water pressure fluctuate with the season? Are you on city sewer or a septic tank?Click on back with the info and we will try to muzzle that cantankerous commode : Yes, it is a dreadful sound and sometimes it lasts for a full minute!
    A long time ago I had a call with symptoms like yours, Onle this one kicked in at 3 in the AM and scared hell out of the customers. It was hard the track down because the water picked up the vibration and carried it throughout the house. We call that sympathetic viberation. I want you to do this. Take the tank lid off and flush. Wait until you hear the noise and then take the float rod and push it down and lift it up gently. Does the noise change or stop? If it does then the culprit is the washer in the ballcock viberating against the seat when the ballcock is just about ready to shut off. Try it and get back to me.
    : the noise changes when you move the float rod,it stops if you pull up on it. The guts are all new in this toilet. I have also tried turning the water shut-off valve way down to nothing.
    The culprit is the ballcock. If you can't stop it by controlling the pressure than Shut off the shut off valve and remove the three screws holding the top and pull out the washer assenbly. Now with your hand held over the opening to prevent splash just crack the shut off valve enough to flush out any trash that may be logged in the supply tube. Reassamble and check again. While you have the lid off check the flat part of the flapper, it it has any wavey edges replace it. Also the linkage chain should have 1/4" of play when the tank is filled. If it is tighter then that loosen the linkage until you have the desired play. Thanks again for rating me. TOM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can it be paranormal [ 4 Answers ]

For three night in a row my clock radio came on at the same time. I did not set alarm,also it was set to FM but when it came on it was on AM. Also on three different cell phone company's,I would see there was a message I would check it,and nothing was there and no number. What can it be

Paranormal [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has been having dreams about a tall, black shadowed man wearing a hat. He came to him a few years back and he would wake and tell me this shadow was holding him down and he couldn't breathe or move. Then time passed by and just about a week ago he jumped from bed and said the shadow was...

Ask a paranormal [ 1 Answers ]

When I was young, I had many accidents. When I remember them, I am looking at myself from a distance. On 1 occasion, I think I had an out of body experience (when I broke my neck) and when I woke up, I had changed in my head. On 1 occasion, an aura reader said I had no aura below my neck just...

Paranormal [ 4 Answers ]

My brother in laws brought a women home too their mothers house whilst she was a away whilst one of the boys was with the women down stairs she started talking all gibberish like in another language anyway the brother went to sleep and after a few hours the other brother came in to find the women...

The paranormal [ 2 Answers ]

Is the paronormal real?:confused: how far can we take it? Is anything possible?

View more questions Search