Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Oct 26, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Portable Halloween Props
    Is there any easy to make portable hallowe' en props, for my school writing project. Anything from fake grave stones to paper pumpkins. Just something easy to take along or assemble in 15 minutes. Also, like I said I will be using this for a school project, so it can be a bit gory just not really, super, gory.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2012, 06:33 PM
    Go to a grocery store and get empty cardboard boxes that are skinny and tall and look like tombstones. Paint them with gray paint and print names and dates on them.

Go to a Walgreen's or art store that sells posterboard. Buy several black or dark brown pieces, draw a simple bare (un-leafed) tree on each one of them and cut them out. Put a second posterboard tree at right angles through a slit up the middle so the tree stands up (example).

Ghosts are really easy to make. Take white fabric (old sheets work really well!) and cut or tear them into the size appropriate for the size of your ghosts. Use a ball, a wad of newspaper, almost anything that achieves the size of the "head" that you want. Then, place the object in the center and draw the edges and corners of your fabric around, allowing the excess fabric to hang down for the flowing effect. Make little ones to hang from branches of the trees.

Hang bats on the trees. - To make bats you will need fuzzy black balls (or black wool) if you wish for the body, black construction paper, string or thread and pins (preferably butterfly pins). Draw wings on the black paper. You can use a pencil or use a white pen so it highlights the edges. Cut them out and attach them to the black balls or wool with the pins. Tie the string or thread around the balls and attach them to branches of the trees.

Oct 27, 2012, 09:37 AM
    Thanks Wondergirl!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
    Ghosts are easy to make with white paint on black construction paper. We make them with footprints! The heel part becomes the ghost head. Cute! We also paint glass jars orange after placing tape in the shapes of eyes, nose, and mouth on the glass. Two quick coats of spray paint, peel off tape, add a votive candle and you're done.

Oct 27, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Thanks, teacherjeen4

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to integrate Eclipse Portable with Java Portable? [ 0 Answers ]

I recently downloaded Eclipse and Java Portable from portableapps.com. I have been wondering if it is possible to instruct Eclipse to refer to my portable Java when coding. I heard that the open source document editor Open Office is also capable of using Java from a thumb drive. How do I...

How to integrate Eclipse Portable with Java Portable? [ 0 Answers ]

I recently downloaded Eclipse and Java Portable from portableapps.com. I have been wondering if it is possible to instruct Eclipse to refer to my portable Java when coding. I heard that the open source document editor Open Office is also capable of using Java from a thumb drive. How do I...

Name of old halloween movie where kids stop believing in halloween [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend is trying to remember the name of a halloween movie or TV show where kids stop believing in halloween and a witch is losing her power because of it, or something along those lines. She can't remember much else, she hasn't seen it in years but really wants to see it again and I'm...

Acro Props [ 2 Answers ]

Im a Carpenter I was thinking the other day about propping beams, roof truss, kitchen cabinets. I use Acro props but for some things they are to heavy or the feet damage the surface that they sit on. Does anyone know who invented the Acro prop and if anyone thinks a more lightweight compersion...

Props to my mom&dad who won't ever see this :) [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to give my mom props... I think he is an excellent mother,. she is really hard on herslef though and is like man I suck at being a mom... but she is wrong. She is so supportive and loving and understainding and always tries to help us out in any way she can. This is also to all the other...

View more questions Search