Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allmondjoy25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 07:42 AM
    3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant
    I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which was Saturday along with mild cramping. On Saturday I did have bleeding but it was light pink to bright red and I didn't have to change my pad at all. I am still bleeding today not heavy as my period usually is. Other then that I have no other symptoms of pregnancy - I don't have much of an appetite. My husband and I are trying for a baby and I just wanted to get some other opinions from people that this has happened to and they were really pregnant or if you know of this happening to anyone. Thank you for your comments.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2007, 08:07 AM
    A line no matter how faint can still be positive. Which tests did you take first? Were the 2 negative tests an off-brand? I would suggest making an appointment with your doctor so that they can do a blood test. The fact that you had bright red blood makes me a think though that the three tests were false positives, you typically don't get a bright red color if you're pregnant, but I have heard of it happening so I would still make an appointment with my doctor as soon as possible because If you are pregnant then you need to start taking prenatal vitamins as soon as you can. Good luck!
    allmondjoy25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 09:12 AM
    Thank you so much for responding. The 3 positives were from the military exchange brand (aafes) and the negative. 2 were first response. I just called and set up an appointment with my doc. Just to be on the safe side thank you so much for your help
    Julie25 Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Mar 12, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Good luck to you, and let us know the update :)
    nic4ben Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 12:04 PM
    I taken a pregnancy test, I seen the control Pink Line, like I aalways have when I've been worried about it and NEVER seen a faint pink line, the one I taken didn't concentrate on a faint Line so I just put it on the side,. I woke up in the morning on the first pregnancy test and there was this Faint Pink Line, Clear as to Noticing it,I Know your not suppose to read it after the time on direction so I bought another 3, Well Now, I taken my second one and looked the time it said on the directions and it did the same a verryyy Faint Pink Line also with the Control Linel on the second test, Now I taken the third one and Having one pink line which was the control Line? Its playing on my mind, having 2 faint tests and 2 Negative after the Faint Tests... NOW Today 18.06.12, I'm round a 6 days Late, today I've bought an clear blue plus tests... I've had the test.. and its showing NEG?
    daniielle21 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by allmondjoy25 View Post
    I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which was saturday along with mild cramping. On saturday I did have bleeding but it was light pink to bright red and I didn't have to change my pad at all. I am still bleeding today not heavy as my period usually is. Other then that I have no other symptoms of pregnancy - I don't have much of an appetite. My husband and I are trying for a baby and I just wanted to get some other opinions from people that this has happened to and they were really pregnant or if you know of this happening to anyone. Thank you for your comments.
    Hi just wondering how your getting on as I have had one positive and a few negative two days late now no sign of a period and I'm so confused of what has caused the positive then all these negatives am I or not its such an emotional road
    leese91 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2012, 02:49 PM
    No matter how faint the line there's no such thing as a false positive. I know because I found out I was pregnant. After only 2 weeks, & during my doc apt. He assured me that the only way any pregnancy test can say positive is if there's hcg present, & the only way to have hcg is if your pregnant! So where there's a such thing as a false negative there's no such thing as a false positive. Good luck & congrads

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Faint Positive tests and then negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Here is my situation. First of all, you should know that I'm on Metformin because I have very irregular periods and am borderline PCOS. Now for the tests. The first day of my last period was Oct 21st. This is not uncommon for me to be this late, but I took a test anyway to see if I was...

11 days late, 2 negative. Pregnant. Tests! [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Help! I'm so confused! I am 11 days late, and have had 2 pregnancy tests, which both came out Negative. I have light cramping (which I had with my daughter) I have light vag. Discharge Moody as ever, Just no period, and a negative test. Is is still possible? Anyone else...

Negative test [ 4 Answers ]

I went to my gyno yesterday round 530pm and she took an urine test and said it came out negative. But I was wondering if I had my period about 3 or 4 days before this visit and had unprotected sex the day after my period ended would it still show up in my test. I know the test came out...

Negative test but late... [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My husband and have been trying to conceive since may/june 2006, before that I had a miscarriage in April.. My last period was aug 7th and I am a very regular 29 days. Now I am 2- 3 days late . I took a hpt yesterday evening and the results were negative.. In the past month I...

Negative test [ 2 Answers ]

My period was due to start January 7th. My last one was December 10th. I have my period every 28 days. I was also due to start February 4th but didn't. I have taken six home tests that came back negative. I feel pregnant and I have all the symptoms of pregnancy. Anyone had this problem? Do you...

View more questions Search