Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JimMMX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 06:49 AM
    Carrier 8000 58ZAV115-16 from 1/2 to 3/4hp motor
    I have a Carrier 8000 58ZAV115-16 with a 1/2 hp 10.1 amp 3-speed blower motor sitting on one end of a long skinny house that needs more heat on the other end. I do not want to zone and believe the long insulated plenum that feeds everything could handle more air pressure. I would appreciate your input in considering replacing this motor with the 3/4 hp <slightly higher> amp motor. Is this do-able? What should I know? Many thanks.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 25, 2012, 07:28 PM
    Your system is a 115000 BTU that moves 1600 cfm of air. Was it sized for your home? You need to check to make sure the duct work is sized right. Did it cool your home with no problems?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FA Carrier 8000 weathermaker [ 7 Answers ]

Getting a 12 error code. The blower starts but no ignition. I checked the ignitor seems OK and the flame sensor I lightly sanded. Still same result. Any ideas?

Carrier weathermaker 8000 blower motor [ 0 Answers ]

Had power outage and power came back on and a/c was fine and the blower stop blowing. Outside unit turns on and runs just no blower now. Furnace will not turn on either.

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

I've had my carrier a/c heat unit for about 10 years.. . Good service, but it has recently been making a sqeaking/chirping/screeching sound when the fan is running in a/c mode. I reminds me of the sound a car makes when the fan belt is slipping. Any suggestions? Thanks, lankford3

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 gas furance... when the thermastat calles for heat the furance turns on it willgo for 3 for 4 min... then the flame stops and the blower runs for the 128 seconds... this is all normal... but the thermastat is still calling for heat and the furance kick on again...

Carrier HVAC 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to maintain an HVAC unit. I am a first time home buyer and my system seem not to cool as it did the first part of the year. Thanks, jmunroe

View more questions Search