Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fustrated Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2007, 01:09 AM
    Windows xp not operating
    Yesterday I logged on and windows came up as usual, then I tried to dial up and all the sudden my screen went black, I re booted and pushed f1 nothing, then f10 system restore. My compaq presario 6000 started shuting down, restart, shut down restart and just won't stop, I am not sure what is going on.

Every once in a while an error screen appears for a couple seconds, windows/32 missing. I do not have a start up screen. So I can not roll back.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks
    fustrated
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 12, 2007, 01:59 AM
    Try a system restore to a date BEFORE this issue started.

Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Can you boot to Safe mode?
    fustrated Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2007, 05:27 PM
    I just found out that my system has a short in the wire that is to the switch and the lights, so I replaced this with new and now my system is working.
    Thanks
    For your answers anyway.
    fustrated

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Operating System [ 7 Answers ]

I have a IBM 390X laptop, and the computer has successfully completed the hard disk data wiping process. Al Data on the computer is now unrecoverable. The computer is designed for win98, and I have a CD Windows 98 Second Edition. What are the steps I need to take to get this computer working...

2 operating systems [ 3 Answers ]

I have windows 2000, then I installed xp and now have both os when I start up.How do I uninstall 2000? I've read some posts and am not clear on what u mean by formatting. I'm not very experience and need help. Thank you .

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

Windows operating systems [ 2 Answers ]

I received a new Dell computer for the holidays and am not happy with the Windows XP Home operating system that came on it. I have a hard drive that has Windows 98SE and would prefer to have it on the system. What is the best procedure to follow to change the operating system on a preconfigured...

View more questions Search