Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    biffmcgee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2012, 02:26 AM
    Another EtG test question...
    Dr. Bill,
    I would like to know the likelihood of me passing an upcoming EtG test. I have tried to follow calculations I have read in previous post, but can't seem to follow the pattern. So here we go.

Over the course of the weekend (Friday and Saturday) I drank approximately a fifth of alcohol. Half Friday night and half Saturday night. My drinking time Saturday night ranged from around 9 pm to about 2 am. During this time is when I drank the remaining half of a fifth of Seagrams 7. My test is tomorrow around 10 am (Wednesday). I did not drink Sunday (except for the 2 hrs in the weeee morning), Monday, or Tuesday. So that would be about 80 hours from last drink to test time. I'm not sure about drinking period Friday night, but if I had to say, it would have to be about the same as Saturday. I'm 6'1, 185 lbs, not overweight, but not super skinny. Somewhat of an athletic build. I eat normally, maybe a little junky, and have drank 2 32 oz. Powerades and plan on drinking an water and an energy drink before the test. (I've heard Gatorade/ Powerade may help settle the EtG to the bottom of your bladder. Not sure if this is significant). So, I'm wondering if I have a chance at passing this test. I drink primarily on the weekends but used to drink heavier years ago.

Let me know if I'm forgetting anything.
    Thank you
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Oct 25, 2012, 06:25 AM
    With the amount of time that you listed, you should be fine.

Thanks,

Kevin
    biffmcgee Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2012, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RNBSN View Post
    With the amount of time that you listed, you should be fine.

Thanks,

Kevin
    That's what I'm hoping. I took it yesterday around 10:30 so I guess it's just a waiting game now. Being a math guy I really would like to know the equation to determine a concentration level or time where you truly would know if your safe. Thanks for input though.
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Oct 28, 2012, 07:40 PM
    biffmcgee,

There is no exact equation. EtG is not cumulative. It appears that Saturday, you had around 8 drinks over 5 hours. You probably metabolized about 1 drink per hour. Add 9 to 12hours from your first drink and you will have when you are at BAC 0. That would mean that, worst case, you were at BAC 0 at 9 am Sunday. 10 am Wednesday gives you around 73 hours since BAC 0. Making sure that you were hydrated helped you. EtG going to the bottom of the bladder is not helpful…and would not happen.

Thanks,

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG Test question [ 3 Answers ]

If I had 8 drinks (last drink at 11 p.m. On Saturday), will I pass an ETG test on the following Thursday at 9:00 p.m. I am 196 lb female that has a relatively normal metabolism, and drank lots of water.

View more questions Search