Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    olyaaaaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 01:51 PM
    In literature, level of diction...
    TRUE or FALSE: In literature... The level of diction conveys information about characters and about the narrator’s attitude toward them.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2012, 01:52 PM
    Which one did you choose and why?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 23, 2012, 01:55 PM
    Levels of Diction --

MIDDLE DICTION: Arnold is a strange person; he lives in a very rundown apartment. To look at it one would think he was too poor to buy a broken toilet. He certainly does some odd things. His wife told me he had not been to sleep since Saturday. I doubt he is working; he never works. He must be just loafing.

CASUAL DICTION: That weirdo Arnold lives in a real dump. You'd think he didn't have enough bills to buy a busted flush from the way his pad looks. That guy's a real turkey, y'know? His old lady was telling me he hadn't hit the sack since Saturday. Can't be that he's workin'; that bozo never works. He must be just skatin' on through.

ELEVATED DICTION: That Arnold is a singular fellow, actually. His domicile is a positively deplorable abode rather akin to a sty. Its appearance gives rise to the speculation that Arnold possesses insufficient monies to purchase even a non-functional disposal apparatus. He performs a number of indisputably unusual activities. His helpmate informed me that Arnold had not sought the sweet respite of slumber for half a fortnight. Assuredly he cannot be indulging in laborious pursuit; he has never stooped to such common practice. He must simply be luxuriating in idleness.

Levels of Diction - Writing Center - Purdue North Central

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain is gurgling in lower level of split level [ 1 Answers ]

Spent 14 hours removing toilet to run power auger into drain. No luck went about 35 ft. then the cable in the drum decided to twist on itself. When other water is drained it comes up through the hole in the floor(figure this is path of least resistance). Is it my vent from the roof or do I need to...

Raising the level of a caste iron toilet flange to the level of the floor tile. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a similar problem as the person in a previous post. I installed one of those twist and sets PVC flanges right on top of my old caste iron flange but the top of the twist and set is still 3/8 inch below the tile. I am wary about using a double wax ring. Can I install one of those flange...

Ink level on printers lost ink level option [ 1 Answers ]

I have a HP Deskjet 950C and HP Phttosmart 7550 printer. Both printers have lost the option to see the ink levels. Is there a way to get this option back.

Nice on main level, hot on upper level [ 4 Answers ]

We live in a house that is 5 yrs old. With the A/C on, the main level of the house is very comfortable yet the upper level where the bedrooms are doesn't seem to cool down at all. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the duct work which won't be an easy fix. Could there be any other...

View more questions Search