Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SarahBoosh22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 11:28 AM
    Calculate the volume of 2.5 mol dm-3 HNO3 needed to neautralise 2.68a of CaCO3
    Calcium and its compounds, have properties typical of Group 2 in the Periodic Table.
    Calcium carbonate, CaCO3, reacts with acids such as nitric acid.
    A student neutralised 2.68 g of CaCO3 with 2.50 mol dm–3 nitric acid, HNO3. The equation for this reaction is shown below.
    CaCO3(s) + 2HNO3(aq) → Ca(NO3)2(aq) + CO2(g) + H2O(l)

This is the full question, I know the molar ratio is 0.00268 moles of CaCO3 neutralises 0.00536 moles of HNO3

Check out some similar questions!

If I have mg/L of Hardness (CaCO3) , can I calculate mg/L of Calcium? [ 2 Answers ]

I have 100 mg/L of CaCO3, can I calculate mg/L of Calcium? If so, what are the steps?

How can I calculate total hardness in ppm CaCO3? [ 5 Answers ]

35.0mL sample of water is titrated with 0.0100M EDTA. Exactly 9.70mL of EDTA are required to reach the EBT endpoint. How can I calculate total hardness in ppm CaCO3? Please Please help, any equation? Thanks

Calculate the ppm CaCO3 hardness of a water sample [ 1 Answers ]

The calcium hardness of a water sample is found by complexation of Ca2+ with excess EDTA and back-titrating the excess with MgCl2. A known amount of EDTA (0.0100 M, 25.00 mL) is added to a 20 mL aliquot of the water sample. (Y is used to symbolise the EDTA molecule) Ca2+(aq) + Y4-(aq) <->...

In the chemical reaction CaCO3=CaO+CO2, if 40.0g of CaCO3 is decomposed, how many gra [ 1 Answers ]

okay, here is the question: in the chemical reaction CaCO3=CaO+CO2, if 40.0g of CaCO3 is decomposed, how many grams of CaO are produced? Also, where did "the rest" of the mass go anyway? I'm kind of confused on this question any leads would help. Thanks.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.