Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whatnow123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 23, 2012, 09:12 AM
    Long distance relationship girlfriend needs space
    So the backstory:
    I met this girl a few months back as she was visiting a friend of hers. I live on the east coast of USA and she lives in Vancouver, Canada. We hit it off and exchanged numbers, then a few months later we really started talking. We have been getting closer and closer the past 3 months. LIke all day everyday we talked, started to miss each other when we didn't speak. Feelings grew stronger, talks of a potential future together were being made. I planned a visit to meet her family and stuff. Now we are 2 weeks away from me coming to visit and here's where the bad comes in. I got jealous, I guess you can say, that she was going out with a guy friend of hers that she had never mentioned to me, swore she did, but didn't. They do weird things together but she said he's just a friend and she knows her feelings. I got to asking like why they do almost like date type things and its just weird he was never mentioned. Of course she took this to heart, and got very upset/mad for my jealousy and saying I don't trust her. But I do, she's never done anything to make me feel otherwise, I was simply trying to figure out why the guy was never mentioned. So she gave me the cold shoulder all night and morning and then tells me to just give her space. Im panicking and don't know what to do. HELP, as if the distance wasn't hard enough, we did everythig we could to keep positive. This is the first time we have fought or argued at all. I just don't know what to think, then I asked her well my trip is non refundable and its in 2 weeks will I be spending it alone or with you. She responded with "I dont know." HELP ME PLEASE.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2012, 02:40 PM
    No one can provide relationship advice because you two didn't have an actual relationship.

You're likely correct, she probably neglected to tell you about this guy because she's dating him.

Considering you're already locked into this Vancouver trip, the best thing you can do is to contact her and briefly tell her that you're sorry and that you want share your time with her in Vancouver as friends and nothing more. Tell her that you understand this isn't an actual relationship and that you were silly for thinking so (I "dated" a girl 3,000 miles away when I was 15, but I actually never met her, I found her in an AOL chatroom. Cost my parents $300 in long-distance phonecalls). Hopefully, she'll smile and agree to hang with you the entire time your in Vancouver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wants break in long distance relationship [ 3 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I are in a long distance relationship. She is very high strung, has panic attacks, and very over the top about her dog which died on fathers day. Her father died a few months before that. Lately everything I say is wrong and she takes out all her frustrations out on me when she's...

My girlfriend broke up with me (Long distance relationship) [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, My name is Reuben and I am 18 years old. This is the first time I've ever made a forum post and I'm doing this because I am just lost. My girlfriend broke up with me last Friday and it's been really hard for me to deal with it and not think of her. She was my very first love and we...

My girlfriend wants space and we are long distance because I'm in the military. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been doing a long distance for a little over a year. This girl and I just started talking and it turned into something I couldn't have imagined. She ended up visiting me 5 months into it, and it was amazing. She had to leave and I didn't see her again until my pre deployment block leave. I...

Giving each other space in a long-distance relationship! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I know there are a lot of similar threads already running on this topic, but I wanted to see what you all think. I know the title might seem like a bit of a paradox, but read on and I'll explain. My boyfriend and I have been together a year and a half and we live about an hour and a...

View more questions Search