Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rize Posts: 102, Reputation: 9

Oct 22, 2012, 09:55 PM
    Perect but feeling like something is missing
    there is this guy I have been going out with for 2.5 years I'm in college and he graduated and is working for a great company and makes a great amount. Already got a raise and is doing so well at his work place won many awards at 22. My family loves him our families get along. I'm a jr in college. He's my best friend in the world. Genuine and loves me. Has done some amazing fairy tale stuff for our anniversaries, valentines days and on random days surprises me and all. He's currently working in a different state and I see him once a month and this is only for a little while. He surprises me sends me gifts we talk every night and he's great. He's one of the best. I cannot ask for someone better who understands me and genuinly cares about me more than him. He's put up with so much etc. But I've always felt this off and on at times I feel something is missing. Like our convos seem boring I don't know. I feel like if I get married id be happy cause he's great but I feel like I woulnt be satisfied. Am I just getting used to the fact that he's so great so it doesn't seem special or anything? I mean he never hurts me and never in anyway shape or form ever has all this time he's incredible. I love him a lot why do I feel that way at times do? Am I just a tool?
    Mommydear89 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2012, 11:30 PM
    That is completely natural. I go through the same "dry spells" with my boyfriend. Everything is Perfect and nothing will change, but all of a sudden you feel bored. The love is still there, but for a few days at a time you seem uninterested. The way I relax about it is by thinking its just because you get so used to the easy going natural feeling with him that it's like the chase is gone? It may be that you're used to previous boyfriends giving you a hard time and making it easy to understand why they are so bad. With your current boyfriend everything is just how you would want it to be, and there is nothing that is out of place(red flag) so its your natural instinct to protect yourself. When things are going really well, we always look for the bad because we thinks "it's coming" anyway. I would just try to enjoy the good and talk with him about it. Who knows maybe he feels the same?

Oct 23, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommydear89 View Post
    That is completely natural. I go through the same "dry spells" with my boyfriend. Everything is Perfect and nothing will change, but all of a sudden you feel bored. The love is still there, but for a few days at a time you seem uninterested. The way I relax about it is by thinking its just because you get so used to the easy going natural feeling with him that it's like the chase is gone? It may be that you're used to previous boyfriends giving you a hard time and making it easy to understand why they are so bad. With your current boyfriend everything is just how you would want it to be, and there is nothing that is out of place(red flag) so its your natural instinct to protect yourself. When things are going really well, we always look for the bad because we thinks "it's coming" anyway. I would just try to enjoy the good and talk with him about it. Who knows maybe he feels the same?
    You hit it right on! Thanks so much!
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Oct 23, 2012, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rize
    ...we talk every night and he's great... but i've always felt this off and on at times i feel something is missing. Like our convos seem boring idk.
    So this is the only concrete evidence that "something is missing". Relax. Nothing is missing, it's just that you two created a nightly phone-call routine and ran out of stuff to say.

Only call him if you have something to say that you believe he'll be interested in, otherwise, enjoy time alone.

Be honest and tell your boyfriend that the conversations are boring. I'm certain he feels the same way.

Personal space is extremely important in a relationship. It allows you to be an individual while still sharing a life with someone else.

Oct 24, 2012, 10:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by slapshot_oi View Post
    So this is the only concrete evidence that "something is missing". Relax. Nothing is missing, it's just that you two created a nightly phone-call routine and ran out of stuff to say.

Only call him if you have something to say that you believe he'll be interested in, otherwise, enjoy time alone.

Be honest and tell your boyfriend that the conversations are boring. I'm certain he feels the same way.

Personal space is extremely important in a relationship. It allows you to be an individual while still sharing a life with someone else.

Thank you so much you guys are awesome

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My breast have been feeling heavy and sore lately, and I'm eating more and feeling si [ 1 Answers ]

My breast have been feeling heavy and sore lately, and I'm eating more and feeling sick at times. But my tubes are tied. Is it possible that I could still be pregnant and not know it?"

Missing persons accra ghana Looking for Labrams Osman missing since Feb 12, 4:30pm [ 13 Answers ]

5ft.7in appox. 130lbs long dark brown hair caucasian, very attractive Labanon decent.

Sore feeling or swollen feeling in vaginal opening, white thick substance [ 3 Answers ]

For the past 2 days my vaginal opening has felt swollen and sore, and slightly itchy. Today some kind of fluid came out of it and got my pants wet, like I had spilled water on them, and I noticed when I went to the restroom, that there was a LOT of w thick like stuff all over my vagina lips, and...

Feeling lonely, or just missing her [ 4 Answers ]

As I have said before, I broke up with my ex back in July, we were going out fore a year and a half, I broke up with her because her family is crazy(litteraly), we were to sexual active and I just felt bored and like I deserved someone better than her, as it has been 7 months, not a single...

Missing the feeling of togetherness [ 23 Answers ]

I first joined AMHD on a whim as I was searching for new teaching ideas for a unit I was working with my students on. I stayed because of the people that I met here. I was lucky enough to encounter some of the kindest, compassionate, and knowledgeable people and I am truly blessed to have found...

View more questions Search