Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trstat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2012, 07:20 PM
    Feed starving people:grow veggies & corn to eat or grow corn to feed cattle for beef
    A country has many starving people. Should they grow vegetables and corn to eat, or should they grow corn to feed cattle so they can eat beef? Explain.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Beef from cattle finished on grass is much better than beef from cattle finished on field corn.

Grass-finished beef and home-grown vegetables (including sweet corn, not field corn)..
    Locrian_44 Posts: 44, Reputation: 14

Feb 5, 2013, 02:02 AM
    A country that has many starving people, needs to throw out their corrupt leaders and do-nothing bureaucrats. That country needs real leaders who can effect real change, who can organize people and institutions to build roads, harbors, factories, and farms, who can bring investment and jobs to people. The problem is related more to poverty. It isn't as simple as choosing between primary or secondary production. There are many people who live in countries that can't grow anything. Availability of water for drinking, irrigation, and business is probably a major limiting factor for some countries.

But the question you are really asking is what is the most sustainable way of farming. There is no simple answer that can be applied to a single starving country. I found an interesting argument that can give you points to consider - Compassion in World Farming. (I refer you to the website only for this specific viewpoint.)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2013, 06:23 PM
    Interesting - doesn't answer the question which says nothing about corrupt leaders, but interesting just the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I feed my maltese people food? Beef & Chicken with peas or grn beans w/vitami [ 2 Answers ]

Should I feed my maltese people food, chicken & beef with peas or green beans with vitamins?

Too much pepper in corn beef hash [ 2 Answers ]

I put too much black pepper in my recipe for Corned Beef Hash, can anyone suggest how to get the strong taste out, other than to make another batch with no pepper.

How much grain feed to produce 1 lb beef? [ 0 Answers ]

I'd like to know, please, how much grain to feed a cow to produce 1lb of beef? I believe the ratio is 20lbs grain to 1lb beef> Can you confirm, and also give me a scientific reference site to follow up.

View more questions Search