Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jasminedave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2012, 03:07 PM
    Can I leave foster care at age 15?
    I want to leave the system and live independently, but I'm 15. Is that a possibility or do I have to wait until 16 to be independent
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2012, 03:13 PM
    Where do you live? You might have to wait until you are 18.

Are you in school? Do you have a full-time job?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 22, 2012, 07:12 PM
    Right and if you are in CA it may not happen until you are 21.
    CrazyStereotype Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Nov 8, 2012, 08:48 AM
    It depends on where you are going. If you are in foster care and have no parent(s) or guardian(s) to go to, it is highly unlikely. You would need to speak to a social worker or lawyer.

Depending on why you are in foster care you MAY have to stay in until you are 18.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my daughter be returned or leave foster care when she's 16 [ 4 Answers ]

I was in a violent relationship, dad had died, my mum abandoned me & numerous other things were going on. I approached social services for help, They suggested I puy my children in care until I get sorted, I said no but will let them stay wiv my aunt for a few weeks. My intention was to let them...

What age are you allowed to leave foster care in mich? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 17 years old turning 18 in 7 months and they just placed me into foster care. It doesn't make any sense to be in foster care because I am going to be turning 18 soon. I want to get on my own and do things for myself I am still in school and abide by all of the laws the only thing that I don't...

Can a 17 year old leave foster care in the state of Kentucky? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm am a 17 year old girl , Ive been in a foster home for the past 6 months and I really want to go home, I miss my family and I'm missing out on my nephews and nieces grow up and I really miss my boy friend, I went to court and my dad told the judge he didn't want me any more, is there any thing...

In Texas foster care can a child leave when they are 17 [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 16 in foster care in Texas I live in louisana she will be 17 in in June can she emancipate her self at 17 out of the system?

View more questions Search