Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    YBJ18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2012, 01:01 PM
    How many different types of viruses are there and I how can I protect my PC from them
    Why does my computer pick up viruses when I have a security protection on it?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 22, 2012, 01:04 PM
    When did you last update it and is it set to scan your computer regularly?
    YBJ18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2012, 01:04 PM
    Types of Viruses
    How many different types of viruses are there? And I how can I protect my PC from them?
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Oct 22, 2012, 06:33 PM
    No one anti-virus is 100% effective so the first line of defense is to keep a backup of your system drive. There are two types of AV, On Demand types scan only when you tell them to (checking stuff you download) while Active Scanners scan everything and the kitchen sink. The active type loads when you start and runs in the background slowing the computer to a degree and popping up warnings (some false positives). Along with a good firewall your safe but not invincible (espescially if you open every e-mail you get).
    aerotampa Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
    OK get yourself a FREE decent program, this will work just fine but no single program gets everything all the time... go here Download FREE version NOT the paid one:

avast! | Download Free Antivirus Software or Internet Security

Now to keep up download FREE version of malwarebytes and get in the habit of running a few scans a week with it, remember to update it before each use, this does NOT run in real time, not the free version anyway but pound for pound it's pretty much the best one out there:

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Grab this too and run on occasion also FREE download exe file:

Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

You start to feel comfy with this and want to add more, it's all free too:

Firewall - Personal Free Internet Firewall Software

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Too many viruses! [ 1 Answers ]

I need help! There are so many viruses on my dell laptop. I can't even get on the internet. How can I delete all the viruses without having to download anti virus or calling geek squad?

Metamorphic viruses and polymorphic viruses? [ 2 Answers ]

Am studying the security exam. I am a bit confused about viruses. I understand that polymorphic viruses changes their signature when infect a file every time, I think metamorphic viruses do same thing. I could not find the differences among them. Could you please help me about this differences?

Detect and Protect Viruses [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering if there is a program that gets ride of a virus and protects the computer from further viruses? Also how do you find a virus that you have?

Viruses and Infections [ 6 Answers ]

What's the difference in "viruses" and "infections"? I use PC Tools Spyware Doctor which scans the computer daily. Everyday, there are (X) amount of infections on the computer, which I always clean up. So what's the difference? And how dangerous are these infections?

View more questions Search