Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammy2294 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2012, 12:40 PM
    My husband said he was married before in interview but was not, how do we prove this
    On the I 130 application my husband stated he was married before because in Mexico when you live with someone so long you are considered married, so he said yes. In the interview he was asked again and then about his divorce papers which he didn't have as it wasn't a true marriage but he was scared to get in trouble so he said OK. They issues an RFE which I advised the lawyer what happened and he said to write an affadavit to this affect. I didn't understand implications of stating common law marriage in KS so I used that term when putting together affadavit for him. Lawyer didn't advise that this was going to hurt anything or that this wasn't sufficient. Now we received a letter of intent to deny the I 130 application based on insufficient evidence and that now if Common Law Marriage is determined, then our marriage is void and he has to be divorced. Who determines common law marriage? There's does not meet the standards but I do not know what other "evidence" we can submit.

Check out some similar questions!

Should my husband and I file our taxes married jointly or married separately? [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out if we should file married jointly or married separately on both the federal and state returns. I live in Philadelphia and worked for half the year in Philadelphia and the other half in New Jersey. My husband works and lives in New Jersey. Should we file married jointly...

Will I go to jail if I do not go to the Immigration Interview for my husband? [ 2 Answers ]

Will I go to jail if I do not show up at the Immigration Interview for my husband?

Married an american, left usa before interview, now can't reach my wife [ 5 Answers ]

I am married to an american citizen, I was on tourist visa to usa (2 years multi entry visa) At the airport they gave me 6 months to stay (untill may 18 , 2007) , in my fifth month I married an american girl I met and we were so happy together, I applied for adjustment of status in July 2007 and...

I have to prove my innocence to my husband! [ 8 Answers ]

Help! I received a phone call one night from an anonymous caller stating that I needed to call a number to get information about my husband. Of course I called the number and it was a lady that my husband was having an affair with. She had found out he was married a few days or week before and...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.