Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Faith0812 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 07:46 PM
    17 and Pregnant, does that make me emancipated in Colorado?
    My motehr has full custady. Her and I don't get along what so ever. I've looked up and down to see how I could get emancipated. But I don't have the money, and I can't prove that I can 100% support myself, without any help. The court house can't give me "legal adivce" or tell me what the law is. I'm not 4months pregnant, mom won't let me marry till I'm 18, baby is due 2months before I turn 18. I have WIC and CHP+, and once the baby is born, the fathers parents are letting us stay there for a bit, and I'm told I can get help from the government to get an apartment once the baby is born. How can I get married before I'm 18, without my mothers concent and without spending a lot of money?. Doesn't being pregnant make me emancipated? Or if you can tell me any laws and or links that can help me, that would be greatly apreciated! Thank you!
    brianneelizabeth Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Mar 11, 2007, 11:40 PM
    This website should answer all your questions.. from what I read if you get married you automatically become emacapated.. but read for yourself there is a lot of information

What Constitutes Emancipation To Release A Parent From A Child Support Obligation

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thinking about getting Emancipated [ 9 Answers ]

I am 16 years old and I am tired of living at home. I get into fights with my dad (who is very good at psychological abuse) and whenever this happens, I am forced to my room for days on end. Usually the only thing I come out for is to go to school. Recently, my boyfriend (who is older than I am)...

Can clams make you pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

How true is the myth that eating clams can make you pregnant? Anyone?

I wants emancipated from my home [ 7 Answers ]

I am 15 will be 16 dec. 18 my mom died when I was 10 and dad is dying of cancer. I get a check each month and see non of it. I want to start my life now before he leaves me in a hole some one please help me... I live in Indiana so if you know anything please help

21 years-old... am I emancipated? [ 2 Answers ]

I am almost 20 years-old, and I live in Indiana. I was accepted to my college of choice with a scholarship, but they expect a certain "family contribution," which my parents do not have. Will I be automatically emancipated from my parents when I turn 21? I would be able to receive the money I need...

View more questions Search