Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nfacciolo Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Mar 11, 2007, 07:14 PM
    Dining table surface
    I have a formal dining room wood table with a cherry finish. Something seems to have etched itself into the finish, either a cleaning product my wife used or something else. There are streaks that look like the table was washed with a dirty cloth. Without completely stripping or sanding this table is there any way to take it down to the finish and then re-wax it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 12, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Try a little mineral spirits on a clean terry cloth towel. Test in an inconspicuous spot first. If the finish is old the spirits should not harm it but will clean off most everything else.
    nfacciolo Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Mar 20, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Did not touch the problem. Thanks for the try

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surface area of parallelepiped [ 10 Answers ]

Can someone please explain to me how I would get the surface area of a parallelepiped if I'm given three vectors of the parallelepiped. *parallelepiped is parallelogram only 3-dimensional. Also what's the difference between geometric and algebraic vectors? Edit: I know surface area = 2lw...

Geometry (surface area) [ 15 Answers ]

Hello! I am having difficulty answering this question. If someone can please tell me how to solve these geometry problems, I will be very grateful! Thank you in advance! =) Find the surface area of the following regular polyhedra to the nearest cm^2 (squared). a. Tetrahedron with edge length...

Indoor court surface [ 1 Answers ]

What are professional indoor tournament courts made from? I've heard of the term "carpet" and that it's 2nd only to grass in terms of ball speed. What exactly is it? Also, is the rebound ace material on the courts at the Aussie Open different from actual hardcourt? How about the US open...

Height of swag off a dining table? [ 1 Answers ]

The light over our dining table is not centered over the table. I want to swag the lamp and do not have enough chain to swag to the center and need to know what a (S.W.A.G)height off the table would be? Scientific Wild Ass Guess Wayne

Solid surface repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Avonite top with a chip, 1/4" wide by 1/6" deep. I have the old > sink cut out for repair material and bought a new tube of the original > epoxy. Ideally, I am tiring to find a 3/8" tapered bit with a MATCHING > 3/8" tapered plug cutter. Is there such a thing out there? Where can I...

View more questions Search