Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mdtvi Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 10:22 PM
    Sears in Las Vegas acuse of shoplifting
    I try a tankrop and a short t-shirt to go over and put them together on a hanger to see if the color much. Than I select cloths for my kids and went to the register and give her all of my selections to pay. She didn't scan the tank - wich cost $2 and before I even exit the store a LP from the store - a group of 4 people come to me and acuse me of styling a $2 tank wich I gave to the cashier . They got my name, address and phone number and ask me to sign a form even that he mention they will be no charges press should I be worry that it will get on my record even that Im innocent ? And is this right ? Can they acuse even that it wasn't my fold that the cashier didn't scan the item and I fill that I was set up and use by this store?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 22, 2012, 03:16 AM
    What did the form say?

It will not go on your record (except at the store) unless they report it to the police. I think you have a very good case to fight it since you gave all the items to the cashier.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 22, 2012, 06:32 AM
    Yes, what did the form say ? I would not have admitted any quilt at all, even if they called the police, since it sounds like they have no case at all.

If you signed anything, that made you liable, what will happen in about a few weeks the store will send you a bill for about 300 dollars or so, for the time and trouble of their employees on this.

Oct 22, 2012, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    yes, what did the form say ? I would not have admitted any quilt at all, even if they called the police, since it sounds like they have no case at all.

if you signed anything, that made you liable, what will happen in about a few weeks the store will send you a bill for about 300 dollars or so, for the time and trouble of their employees on this.
    They force me to sign a form witch is say that they may press charges against me. Even that he mention that they are not going to do so because the item is only $2 he told me that this part of the proceeder. I try to refuse, but he told me that then they will call police. I sign but put N/A and didn't use my real signature because I wasn't agree. I believe that the how think was fabricate and I was set up. I believe that a shoplifter will not go and give the item to the cashier to pay for it, right? The cashier didn't scan the item, but some how I'm been blame because I put the 2 items on one hanger and you can see both of the tags sticking out?

Oct 22, 2012, 08:22 AM
    Frankly, I would have refused to sign and told them to call the police if they want to be sued for false arrest. You gave the item to the cashier, its not your fault the cashier didn't ring it up. But that's neither here nor there.

I think they knew they didn't have a case. Bottom line here is there is nothing you can or should do until or unless they make a further move.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 22, 2012, 08:22 AM
    So this is a case of security seeing you put two items on one hanger, and that person decided that you did it deliberately to only pay for one item on that hanger?

All I know is that Sears is known for being very strict.

Do they have your license or car registration, if not your real name? What do you mean by 'didn't use my real signature?' That doesn't matter.

Oct 22, 2012, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    So this is a case of security seeing you put two items on one hanger, and that person decided that you did it deliberately to only pay for one item on that hanger?

All I know is that Sears is known for being very strict.

Do they have your license or car registration, if not your real name? What do you mean by 'didn't use my real signature?' That doesn't matter.
    They only have my real name, they don't have my driving license or car registration. And because I wasn't agree to sign I put N/A and just put part of a nickname and part of a last name as a signature. I also give them my old address. He keep saying if you refuse we are calling the police and you are going to jell. I ask I don't understand I put the tank and the short t-shirt witch was cut out in a back together to see if the colors go and never even thinking of what you accusing me, plus I give to the cashier all of my selections including the tank and t-shirt on witch both tags was out. I ask them since you notice that the cashier didn't scan the item why you didn't tell her and the answer was that this is not there job. On the end when I ask him if this will go to any record he mention only on the record of the store and than he force me to sign the paper witch he mention is just part of the form. Should I get a lawyer because I was humiliated in frond of the how store without even be guilty?? And if I stay quite what they can do? Is just not right

Oct 22, 2012, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Frankly, I would have refused to sign and told them to call the police if they want to be sued for false arrest. You gave the item to the cashier, its not your fault the cashier didn't ring it up. But that's neither here nor there.

I think they knew they didn't have a case. Bottom line here is there is nothing you can or should do until or unless they make a further move.
    I did refuse, but he mention when they call the police that the police will take me to jail and keep scaring my to sign. That's why I put N/A as Im not agree and put part of nickname and part of my last name. I also gave them my real name and phone number, but old address. They don't have my Driving License or car registration can they do something? And why they insist of sign a paper that they can press charges if they are not going to do so and as he mention is only for the store and frankly what they can do? I didn't have any attention to do that but they accusing and humiliating me in front of a customers even that I gave all the items to cashier and this item was $2 and I had more expensive items and my bill was $44? How is this even possible and how Im been protected as a customer?

Oct 22, 2012, 09:29 AM
    These rent-a-cops won't back down. They made a mistake but rather then admitting it and apologizing, they bluster their way through.

Just put it behind you. You are unlikely to get anything from the store by suing.

Oct 26, 2012, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    These rent-a-cops won't back down. They made a mistake but rather then admitting it and apologizing, they bluster their way through.

Just put it behind you. You are unlikely to get anything from the store by suing.
    What about if they send a bill to pay of $300 on my old address that I don't live there any more and what will happen if I don't pay because I never recive a bill? Also by making me sign and because I wasn't agree I put N/A is it make me acanuble and what they can do? Can they put it on my record even that I wasn't stilling a item for $2 and I give it to the cashier? Still stressing because they make me from in usenet to be guilty and totally ignoring the fact that it was the cashier mistake. They were so brutal I wish there were a justice for this LP people because they did all of this drama in front of my 5 year old son who was with me and is just not right... On top of all of that Im stressing to not go on my record because of my job that's crazy, but now I know how people fill when they are been acuse for something they didn't do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Caught shoplifting at sears! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The sears by my house is closing down and has a 90% of almost the entire store sale, I went with a friend and decided to buy a jacket and some shoe laces, I places the laces (60 cents) in my back pocket since my hands were full and ended up buying the 30 dollar jacket and walking out...

Shoplifting at Sears -- now what? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a problem that I want you to help me. One week ago, I bought a shirt at Sears in Ottawa and I lifted two small things (the price was 36$ or 46$), That was my first time. When I came out of the store a man came and said to me back to the store and I took a room. The mall's...

I got caoght shoplifting in sears [ 3 Answers ]

(jefferson co Colorado ) 1st time ever and it was under $200 what do you think the will to to me for punishment?

Shoplifting from sears [ 4 Answers ]

I arrested yesterday for shoplifting from sears. I theft less than 50 dollars. The officer said they going to send me a letter on mail for the date of my court. I just want to know what can they do in the court.im under age 18. I'm just 16. And I'm not an american citizen. Just want to know what...

View more questions Search