Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jelly wife Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 09:39 PM
    Jealous of my husband's female friend
    I am new to this so bear with me, here it goes:
    My husband and I were married for 9 months now and we have his co worker's girl as our friend, at the start I don't think of anything negative, for I befriended that girl also, at first I thought we can get along very well because our husbands are somewhat has lots of similarities.. not until they get married.. they started having fights and the girl always tells me how lucky I am to have my husband, things was so OK until their marriage (I think) was failing and she always find my husband as a crying shoulder.. it made me really jealous for they text for hours.. I tried to confront the girl in a nice way that why not confide to me her problems instead of my husband? But my husband got mad at me telling me I am not trusting him enough.. but I am really really jealous what will I do?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 09:53 PM
    You are within your rights and your husband is not being considerate of your feelings. Do you read their texts ? And why for hours,

Talking to another man is only going to cause more marriage issues for her. If her husband is also jealous.

Sorry, others may not agree but I would tell him that unless he wants to start having trouble in his marriage, he had better put a end to this, no hours on text, when he is home, his attention is to be at home, If he talks with her a little at work, is one thing.

My wife, she would just walk over take my phone, put it on the floor and stomp on it. If I ever did anything like that.

Oct 21, 2012, 10:06 PM
    I have read some of the text messages and they are talking about the problems of her marriage life.. I mean, she considers me as a friend too but why not confide to me instead? She even wants to be fetch by my husband after work and we receive a lot of invites from her.. I was so confused

Oct 21, 2012, 10:09 PM
    And one thing also... his husband has no idea that her wife is telling us about their situation..
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2012, 10:53 PM
    Jealousy is an ugly beast to bear. You will often find yourself having irrational thoughts and mistrusting someone who has never given you a reason to be mistrustful.

I believe that the appropriate thing would be to handle the situation with your husband directly. Of course you have to inform him that it isn't about trusting him. It's about the appropriateness of her using him as her shoulder at such a vulnerable time for her. If you discuss it with him on the level that it may be inappropriate to lead her to believe that he can be her shoulder and that she may develop feelings and it isn't fair to her.

They are both being inconsiderate of your feelings on this matter and the fact is, it isn't a comfortable situation for you to be in. I would discuss your uncomfortableness with your husband first.

Oct 22, 2012, 01:48 AM
    I already did.. but it always end p in a fight.. telling me that I am ruining his image on his co worker(the girl's husband)
    .. I feel so hopeless..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jealous of husband's female friend [ 66 Answers ]

There was a woman that worked at the same company as my husband in a previous job. The first I heard about this woman was when my husband started telling me about how nearly all the men she worked with were infatuated with her. He told me lots of stories about how all the guys were competing for...

Husband has a female friend met her once, before [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has a female Friend met her once I did not like the look she gave, he didn't notice months went by! Something told me to search! I went into voicemail heard the messages, she said that she was not home and he must not think that she had someone inside and never wanted. To open the...

Husband's Female Friend [ 13 Answers ]

Hi everyone, This is my first post here and I would appreciate some insight. My husband and I have been together for close to 14 years. For the most part we have a wonderful healthy and loving relationship. All except for one point. His female friend. They started as co-workers sharing an...

My boyfriend has a new female friend, and I am very jealous, should I be worried? [ 25 Answers ]

Just give everyone an idea, my boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years, and he's know her for about 4-5 months, which he met her at school. First time he ever went out with her, he was at a bar, and I was hanging out with my friends that night. My boyfriend got intoxicated to the...

Should I be jealous of my partners best female friend? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, new to this so hear goes, My partner of 4 years recently got back in touch with his childhood best mate and his partner ( both of whom he's previously known 15 yrs), but they are new too me. By three months my partner and the other girlfriend were regulary phoning each other on a daily...

View more questions Search