Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cuteteddy101 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Oct 21, 2012, 08:46 PM
    Getting my ears pierced?
    On Wednesday I'm getting my ears pierced. Can anyone tell me if it will hurt a lot or not and what it feels like.
    I'm really nervous and scared yet I want to do it.
    kwelling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 08:51 PM
    Ha, I just got mine pierced today... it's not bad at all... just laugh about it. Stings a bit at first... then it's fine! Don't think too much about it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 09:02 PM
    It's like a bee sting. It hurts for a second, and than it's fine. It's what you do after the piercing that's most important. Follow the directions the piercer gives exactly. Infection is the worst thing that can happen, and an infection will hurt far more than the piercing ever could.

Oct 21, 2012, 10:44 PM
    Thanks a lot, but I also forgot to ask but what do they do to u?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 22, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteteddy101 View Post
    Thanks a lot, but I also forgot to ask but what do they do to u?
    Are you getting a cartilage piercing, or a regular ear piercing?

If it's a regular ear piercing they use something called an ear piercing gun. It's like a spring loaded stapler with one part of the earring on one half, and the back of the earring on the other half. They put a dot on your ear with a marker to mark where they want to pierce, put the gun to your ear and pull the trigger. When the trigger is pulled the two halves come together putting a hole in your ear and joining the front part of the earring with the back.

It's very quick, and it pinches, but other than that it doesn't hurt.

My daughter had her ears pierced when she was 3. The lady did the first ear, she cried a bit, and than forgot all about it and asked to have second ear done because she wanted both ears pierced.

If a three year old can handle it, so can you. :)

Oct 22, 2012, 09:06 PM
    Thanks!
    I am just getting a regular ear piercing.

Oct 23, 2012, 09:04 PM
    I just got my ears pierced and it hurt more then I expected but it was just for a few seconds.
    It hurt a bit more than an injection.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2012, 11:42 AM
    I had mine pierced when I was a young girl and I was really worried about it. It does hurt, like getting a shot kind of, but just for a fraction of a second. It can be a little sore afterwards but nothing you won't be able to tolerate easily. One thing that takes a lot of pain out of it is shopping for new earrings!

It's really, really important to make sure to do EXACTYLY what you're told to prevent infection. Don't change out your earrings too soon, and keep the piercings clean. If you get lazy or rush changing the posts out to other earrings, you can get an infection and that can hurt more than getting the piercing done.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2012, 02:35 PM
    It really is as quick as blinking... while your thinking about it suddenly it's done.Just be sure to bathe you ears and keep them clean,they will heal in no time at all.

Oct 24, 2012, 09:52 PM
    Thanks a lot.
    My ears are doing quite well which I'm very glad about.
    Hope it stays like that.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 24, 2012, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteteddy101 View Post
    Thanks a lot.
    My ears are doing quite well which I'm very glad about.
    Hope it stays like that.
    Follow your instructions to keep them clean!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Pierced ears attractive? [ 5 Answers ]

Do girls think a guy with pierced ears is attractive? Im thinking of changing my look. Wardrobe, hair style. I was just wondering what do girls think of a guy with pierced ears.

One of my pierced ears has something on it? [ 2 Answers ]

I just got my ears pierced about 5 days ago, and the left one hurts just a little more than the other. When I got it pierced, she had done it wrong and had to re-pierce it for it didn't go in all the way the first time. When I got home the back was missing, so I just put another one on, that was...

Daughter and I just got our ears pierced [ 2 Answers ]

NS, I notice that you say not to use the saline or sea salt solution or the H2O spray... then what should we use? That is what the tattoo piercing guy told us to use:confused: My daughter got her ears done for the first time and I got my second hole... We aren't having any problems, as it is...

Should I get my ears pierced [ 1 Answers ]

I got 2 keloids on my left ear(1 on the back n 1 on the front) they not that big (pea size) My mom is taking me to the mall tomorrow 2 get my ears pierced again. Should I get my ears pierced even though I got 2 keloids on it, or should I get it pierced threw my keloids(like get my ears pierced...

View more questions Search