Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vannarea Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 08:12 PM
    Hatching duck egg
    My duck egg is hatching what do I do it has a small hole in shell do I help it or leave it alone what temp does it need to be this is my first duck egg I'm confused please help
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 08:15 PM
    Do you have an incubator?

Google "hatching duck eggs" for a bunch of sites that will help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 08:18 PM
    From eHow --

Allow the duckling to hatch on its own. Only interfere to assist should the duckling become trapped in the eggshell hole or hasn't made progress for 12 hours.

Build a small brooder box for the duckling to rest in after hatching. A small box with a lightbulb that the duckling can't touch will provide the needed heat for development. Bath towels make great bedding.

Create a watering system from a milk jug with a hole just big enough for the duckling to put his head through in the side of the carton. Fill with water to the hole's level.

Ducklings must be kept warm after hatching.

Never let ducklings play in water unattended, since their oil glands have not developed enough to keep them from drowning.

Also, read this --

How To Care for and Feed Baby Ducks
    vannarea Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2012, 08:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do you have an incubator?

Google "hatching duck eggs" for a bunch of sites that will help.
    No I don't I've been using a box with two water bottles with hot water with a towle for about 3 weeks I thought it was dead but whe I got home today it had a hole so I got a stethascope and it was pecking on shell

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Duck egg [ 49 Answers ]

Do duck eggs change colors before hatching the egg is turnig a dark color but you can sill see baby inside I don't know if that's normal or what's wrong pease help

Hatching project [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering what people usually do with hatched chicken/ducks? I mean I would like to incubate chicken eggs to hatching and then grow them for a few weeks as a project with kids. But would not like to keep them for much longer than that: grown birds would need much more space for a...

Parakeet eggs not hatching. [ 1 Answers ]

My Ringneck Parakeets are sitting on eggs laid in May. The first egg appeared May 10th. Should I remove the eggs? What is the best way to do this? (Well, I know, just reach in there and take them... ) SQUAWK!

Hatching chicken eggs [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hatch chicken eggs without a incuabator, I have read that you stop turning them on the 18th day, does anyone know why you do this?

Whole Duck [ 6 Answers ]

Any tips or recipes on how to prepare duck. Thank you!

View more questions Search