Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MzLadyJ Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2012, 10:02 PM
    Dallas County policies on picking up an inmate from another County
    How long do Dallas County have to pick up an inmate from another County before the inmate can be released from that County?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 04:26 AM
    They have as long as they want, It is not uncommon for two or three weeks. If it is taking too long, their attorney can file for them to arrange bail.

Oct 21, 2012, 05:24 AM
    It has been 21 days and they have not came yet. Is it possible that if they do not come in 30 days the county that is holding him will let him go?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MzLadyJ View Post
    It has been 21 days and they have not came yet. Is it possible that if they do not come in 30 days the county that is holding him will let him go?
    Is this inmate serving a sentence in the county where he is? Is he suspected and being prosecuted by the other county?

Oct 21, 2012, 05:49 AM
    No the county where he is are just holding him for Dallas county.

Oct 21, 2012, 05:51 AM
    He is being held on a felony warrant for Dallas County on a probation violation.
    siannan2769 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 08:46 PM
    They won't release him if it's a probation violation. They keep them until the judge decides to whether to revoke or reinstate his probation.

Nov 26, 2012, 10:39 PM
    Thankz everyone for your answers I got what I need to know now!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I drop a child support case that I never filed in dallas county TX? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my fiancé have a son together, lately I've been getting letters from the attorney general office saying that I have to go to court. We live together he pays for everything. We both have custody. I had applied for medicaid and that's when they start sending these letters. How do I stop this...

How to transfer felony probation from santa clara county to san bernardino county? [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancŽ is on felony probation in santa clara county. I reside in san bernardion county. We want to get him transferred from san jose to barstow. He has no address in san jose so he is currently bunking down in a men's home at victory outreach until he can get a transfer. He has to register as...

How long can the philadelphia prison system hold an inmate for out of county detainer [ 1 Answers ]

Boyfriend has a detainer in montgomery county and a warrant for a FTA in bucks co. After his detainer is either certified orhe finishes out his back time in philly, how long can they hold him in philly before he has to be released if neither county picks him up? Or how soon can we expect to wait...

What usually happens on a first time probation in Dallas County, Texas. [ 1 Answers ]

My friend went to jail in another county, but that charge is now being dropped. Not positive if that is why probation was revoked or if it is prior reasons. Has failed a drug test, is behind on paying fees & fines, and hasn't started community service or the recommend classes yet. How likely is...

View more questions Search