Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaddyPierce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2012, 04:43 PM
    Guardianship
    I am the legal guardian of my minor grand daughter, my daughter wants to terminate my guardianship. My daughter lost custody due to drugs and DUI's. She has not completed a drug rehab program, she started one and was kicked out due to non-compliance. She eventually moved in with her boyfriend and seemed to be doing well so I let her take her daughter with her(however I did not terminate guardianship). After about 3 months I was told she was using again so I took my grand daughter back, it's been now 2 months and my daughter wants my grand daughter back and I don't feel she's mentally or emotionally ready. What should I do to ensure that I keep guardianship, I want to make sure she has completed DRUG REHAB PROGRAM and tests clean for 6 months and is in compliance with
    Probation. Will the court automatically terminate my guardianship or do they take into account why her daughter was placed under my care and investigate if my daughter has taken care of her responsibilities since losing custody.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get joint guardianship with my mother who has legal guardianship of my neph [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is now ageing and my 11yr old nephew is stressing her out. How can I go about sharing guardianship with her even though she has legal guardianship?

In Texas - Wife given guardianship niece before we married. I want guardianship too. [ 0 Answers ]

My wife was given legal guardianship of her niece before we got married. I would like to become a guardian as well. We all live together and are raising the child as our own. Do I already have guardianship by marriage? How do I get legal rights over the child?

How do I get guardianship taken off me? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 19 almost 20 and my mother has guardianship of me because of medical reasons, and I want to move soon but I can't because of the guardianship. I was wondering, how do I get the guardianship taken off me?

Guardianship [ 9 Answers ]

Hi I am 25yrs old I have son who will be turning 3yrs old in October last November my parents took me to court to get guardianship of my son as payback for me getting my mom arrested for assualting me... the judge gave them guardianship because he said I was finicially unstable... I had my own...

I have legal guardianship of my grandson in Ohio. Can there be joint guardianship [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyway for my daughter and I to share guardianship of her son. I have legal guardianship right now and my daughter is doing really good but I'm not ready to give her full control just yet. I only get very limited support for my grandson because his step grandpa and I make too much money...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.