Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gapo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2005, 06:35 AM
    Automation object
    I wonder if you could help me?
    I started recentley working in a company. I am at the moment working on some listings of data bases in Access 2000. I was trying to make e customers phone list with the form similar to the one at Northwind Example. Everything went well with the table, form design(adjustment) and macro, but when I click on any of Toggle buttons, I am receiving message:

"The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'Company Namefilters'.
    You tried to run a Visual Basic procedure to set a property for an object. However, the component doesn't make the property or the method available for Automation operations,. '

Could anyone please tell me what I have done wrong.

Thank you in advance.
    davenims Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2005, 05:37 AM
    What code do you have behind the form?

This is most likely some code that is trying to run at the same time when you press the toggle button.

If you have a Form_AfterInsert() subroutine, you get this message when you have a continuous form, and press a button or other control before the record has been saved (i.e. if you haven't clicked into another record). If that is the case, you can fix this behaviour by chaning it to Form_BeforeInsert(), and putting a Form.Refresh at the beginning of the code behind your toggle button, so that the record is saved before proceeding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Automation error in MS Access [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Please Help I am working with an Access database that was developed using Office 97 and was converted to the 2002-2003 Access file format. On this one form there are 26 text boxes (representing yearly pay periods) and on the “On Lost Focus” event for each text box the person who...

Word Automation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi friends My name is Ramesh. And I need help regarding Word Automation through ASP.NET. I am trying to generate a Word Document stored on the Server. My code is:- Word.Application wApp=new Word.ApplicationClass(); Word.Document wDoc; wApp.Visible=true; wApp.Caption="Demo Questionnaire...

Object in nose [ 8 Answers ]

:eek: Does anyone have any advice on getting an objecrt out of a child's nose? One of my son's stuck a bead in his nose and he is too young to blow, so it won't come out. It is not blocking his airway but I don't think it should stay in there. If nothing comes up I think I am taking him to the...

Strange object... [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 17 year old male and I was recently diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis. A feew weeks ago I noticed something near my anus... well actually right at the end of my tail bone. It's a round lump and its very hard. I can even move it around, like its just there under my skin attached to nothing....

View more questions Search