Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coasting_slow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 10:21 PM
    I got caught stealing from walmart in pa
    I am a 20yo that was caught stealing from walmart the stuff I got came to like $30 I was stopped at the door and taken to the back room and asked for my id and everything had me sign a paper saying they can take my picture they let me go without calling the cops the guy said I would get a letter in the mail my question is what will happenn from here will I go to court or just get a fine because I would rather pay a $250 fine than go to court will I have to do jail time and will it go on my record any advise will help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2012, 11:28 PM
    They did not call the police so you will not go to court,

They will send you a letter, ( I expect they will want closer to about 500 dollars) you pay that, to Walmart as a penalty ( it is not really a fine) They don't report it, you have no record

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got caught stealing: I'm 18 [ 6 Answers ]

I got caught stealing yesterday and I am 18. I stole 270 worth of clothing from Von Maur and they told me they would not put me in jail. They gave me a misdeamenor and this is my first offense. I am very scared about the consequences of the outcome of the court and need some advice on how to...

Should I sue walmart for employee stealing my wallet? [ 16 Answers ]

A Walmart employee was caught stealing my wallet after helping me at photo center. Now I fear going to Walmart to shop with my children. What should I do?

Caught shoplifting at walmart [ 5 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting 20.03 worth of merchandise I was brought in to a room and told it was not enough to call police but they took my info and saud I would most likely get a fine when does the letter come? How much am I looking at? And how do they determine the amout? Do they review tapes?

Caught shoplifting in walmart [ 0 Answers ]

How long does walmart keep surveilance tapes?

Caught shoplifting at walmart [ 5 Answers ]

I was caught shoplifting at Wal-Mart and although no charges were filed,they told me I was banned for life from wal-mart , sam's club and so forth.I am not stupid enough to go back into the same wal-mart,however,if I pay cash how can they monitor whether I shop in another walmart?

View more questions Search