Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ricardo77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Money transfer
    Hi
    I've been approached by a company called Apecco about a part time home based job wich consist of receiving money and transferring it via Western Union. Is it money laundering?
    How can I find out more about?
    Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 03:40 PM
    I wish it was, then you would not be cheated out of your money.

It is a scam, a very old scam that I would have thought everyone in the world would be aware of my now, it has been shown on TV news, it is warned about on the interent.

First how did they contact you, email right ? And why would they contact you, are you in the money business, are you bonded, insured, do you have a business license, listed in the yellow pages.

No, they are contacting 1000's of people every day looking for some fool to do this.

This is what happens, you receive checks,normally from out side the US and some that are just frauded checks, so it is not until they are deposited and the account they were written on finds they are fruad or fake, the money is taken back out of your account, by this time, you have sent the money by western union ( and by western union so they can get the money in some island or in africa or anywhere in the world.

So then the bank demands you pay them back and they will be nice enough not to press criminal charges if you pay it all back within a month.

Now guess, why would they want you to do it? Really, how much are they offering ? About 10 percent or so, and why would they do that if they can go to a regular billing company and let them collect for about 2 or 3 percent.

But even so why would they let anyone collect checks can be deposited anywhere in the world, I often send checks or money orders to afrcia for our churches there, they just deposit them like any bank.

So you should wish it was mouney luandering
    Ricardo77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1 to L1 transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am travelling to US on H1B which is valid till 2008.I would required to be there in US for long term (six to one year or more). Does my current employer would apply for a transfer for my H1B to L1 or how it'll be or can I stay on my H1B. Please clarify.

H1 transfer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I am working in USA for company A and I have H1B visa valid till March 30, 2008. I want to transfer my H1 visa to company B. Regarding that I have couple of questions , Can you please give me some input on this ? 1. If my H1 transfer to company B gets approved and ...

H1 Transfer - Please help me [ 1 Answers ]

I am a New Jersey Resident. I have H-1B visa (direct employee full time) from October 2005.I worked till March 2006. I got my H-1B visa transferred to another consultancy in Februar 2006. Till August 2006 I have no pay slips as I am not working. How is it going to affect the tax returns at the...

H1 transfer [ 0 Answers ]

Situation: I am here in US since Feb on L1 till date. I had been to US before on same L1 for 45 days. My L1 had expired by Mar 2006 (One year on B-L1). I got it extended and have the extension papers till the date as on my I-94 which is Jan 2008. Background: My H1 was applied last year but...

Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to transfer text from WORD or any other sorce to CD-R--CD-RW--DVD-R--DVD--RW and so on. Many thanks for your answers and regards. Nunzio.

View more questions Search