Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christian girl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Different religions
    My family are in politics and his family are in politics also.. Im a Christian girl and he is Muslim.. We have been together for years.. Some of our family members knows about our relationship.. We tried to hide it still.. Because, our family have a bad history.. for short, they hate each other.. Now, his parents arranged a marriage for him out of nowhere.. And is going to happen in two weeks.. I am really in pain.. I really don't know what to do.. I still want to be with him.. Am I crazy? Please help me.. Please also, do not post any bad comments.. I really want an advice
    Nadi_1992 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2012, 10:59 AM
    Hi,
    If both of you are committed to each other, and are serious about a future together, then I can only advise you to have your partner inform his family of your relationship. I too had the same issue with my family, and I will tell you that it will be extremely difficult for his family to accept you, as was my boyfriends family, and we are both Muslims.

Is your partner willing to go ahead with this arranged marriage? If so, does he know how you feel about it? Your position is very difficult, especially since you say the arranged marriage is in two weeks, and I can only suggest you find out how committed he is to this relationship you share. If he is willing to go ahead with the arranged marriage, then you will need to cut ties with him now, as it will only cause further hurt and pain once he is married. Spare yourself any further pain if you find he is willing to go ahead with it. But if he isn't, then there maybe some hope for you both if you can unite both your families, and find some common ground.

I hope I have helped in some way!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 20, 2012, 07:48 PM
    What does he plan on doing about this arranged marriage?

If he goes along with this arranged marriage then you have no choice but to leave him alone in all things and get a happy life and future without him.

Sorry.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 21, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Where is this at ? Is it a country where he is allowed two wives ?

What will happen if he says no to the family, is he in danger, will he be homeless.

If you tell your family that you want to marry him is your life in danager, would you be thrown out of house ?

If he just marries the new girl, then you wasted 2 years of life, hiding a relationship, instead of trying to make it work in the open

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do most, if not all, religions think they are right? [ 27 Answers ]

Believe in Jesus and you will be saved... what about all the people with the other beliefs? They can't go to Heaven? What if there were cultures in this world that never got the message about Jesus or Mohammed, etc. Why do most people in these faiths want to try and convince you that they are...

Different religions [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I'm Christian, but the boy I like is mormon and his whole family is jewish (dont know how that works) so there's nothing wrong with that right?

We are 2 different Religions! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Leesand, I am a sophomore at college. I have known my boyfriend for a while, and we became really good friends when he was a senior in high school, and I a freshmen in college. Well we started dating in October, so its been 7 months. We both love each other but there is one...

View more questions Search