Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Doug Cox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 05:37 PM
    Control fuse keeps blowing
    Hi. I have an American Standard Furnace. It was blowing the fuse on the igniton board when I swtched the thermastat to heat. I figured the bourd was bad so called a service company The tech replaced the transformer.The indicator light started flashing, and the external gas sensor powered up. But, when he called for heat the indicator light went out and a very small amount of smoke came from the board area. I then replaced the board myself because the tech wanted $600 bucks for a board I half suspected he just burnt up. So I have replaced the ignition board and the transformer and it is still blowing the fuse out evefytime I set the thermostat to heat. I disconnected the vent motor, and most of the safety swithes one at a time but the board still blows the fuse. The main blower motor while run on cool, just not heat. Something is shorted somewhere but I'm running out of options. Could the thermostat do this? Please help, its getting cold in Wyoming!
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2012, 06:09 PM
    Remove the thermostat wire on "W" from the control board. Tape the door switch closed and use a jumper wire to jump from R to W. Will the furnace run? I'm trying to see if you may have a short in the thermostat wire or thermostat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3A Fuse on Control Board Keeps Blowing [ 0 Answers ]

After reading several posts, I checked the 2 wires going outside and found them to be fine. Replaced contacter, still blows fuse. Replaced 2 wires going outside just in case I missed something the first time, still blows fuse. Removed wires from contacter and does NOT blow fuse. What else am I...

Trane control board fuse blowing [ 6 Answers ]

Help! A/C unit went out last night. Opened inside unit up (Trane XE80) and pulled the 5 amp blade fuse on the control board and saw that it had blown. Replaced the 5 amp fuse, closed the panel, and the blower started. When I went to turn on the A/C, the 5 amp fuse blew again (and again). ...

Ford f250 6.0 psd keeps blowing the engine control fuse [ 1 Answers ]

Ford f250 6.0 psd keeps blowing the engine control fuse

Keeps blowing 3 Amp Fuse on Control Panel. [ 1 Answers ]

I Have A Carrier (58gsc)upflow Furnace & A/c Unit, Which Is 18 Years Old. When I Tried To Turn The Heater On , Only Blower Came On & Would Not Turn Off Unless Disconnected From Electricity. Replaced Sofar Control Unit, Thermostat,transformer Was Blown,& Finally The Limit Switch. When I...

Furnace control board fuse keeps blowing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Carrier furnace 48GS-036090311TP with a Honeywell T8401C thermostat. I can run the fan on continuously but when I put the Heat to ON on the T-stat, the 5 Amp fuse on the control board (LH33WP003A) in the furnace blows. The sequence is like this: 1. Fan only operation is running...

View more questions Search