Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SmilingInside Posts: 182, Reputation: 3

Oct 19, 2012, 11:54 AM
    When do kids normally ask about the origins of the universe and life?
    At what age do kids normally begin to ask and wonder about creation, if there's a God, and the origins of life and the universe?

I DO NOT mean 'where do babies come from'! I mean, pondering their own existence or purpose and the wonders of the universe, where it all came from.

It's something I've never wondered about in the least and we (adults) don't talk about this subject in our home and it has never been brought up by the children yet.

I don't know if they don't mention it because they've not been influenced at all to think there's a God (we're not religious), or a meaning to life, or if they are just too young. Or both.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 19, 2012, 12:35 PM
    I started wondering 'why was I born, why am I here' at a very early age. I wondered what if my father and mother had never met and I had never been born when I was about 7.
    I started asking 'what is the purpose of life' when I was about 11 or 12.
    This is what my grandfather said about the meaning of life:
    'something to do, someone to love, something to look forward to'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

80's kids movies about toys coming to life [ 5 Answers ]

I saw a movie when I was younger I'm not sure if it is from the late 80's or early 90's but the boy had gotten new toys for his birthday and was going to get rid of the childish toys the next day when he went to bed that night they all came to life in his toy chest. I remember at one point his new...

Is there any planet in the universe which have the intellectual life forms [ 6 Answers ]

Is there anyothere intellectual being in the universe other than humans

Life insurance on kids [ 3 Answers ]

My wife has taken out universal life ins policys on both kids ages 2 and 18 months through her mother who is an insurance broker - policys r in the amount of $200K and $150K - my opinion - a total waste of money as a savings vehicle for their education or a investment. Any opinions or...

How does our understanding of life in the universe affect our knowledge of ourselves? [ 2 Answers ]

I was just wondering what other peoples opinion is on this matter.

I want to make a good life for my kids [ 12 Answers ]

Hello.I am 42 years old married with 3 wonderful children.For 19 years it has been up and down.More down than ever.My husband has worked so many different jobs and we have moved 13 times. I feel so horrible at that fact my kids have seen us move,no money at times and asking for food at out ...

View more questions Search