Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peteyprovalone Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 10:06 AM
    How do I lite the pilot light for a carrier model 58sxa080 -gg
    I opened up and read the instructions on how to turn on furnace I folled everything I do no see any spark and there is nothing to depress like on a water heater I look in window and nothing
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2012, 05:24 PM
    That model of furnace is a 90+ with spark ignition. No standing pilot, it lights when you turn the thermostat to heat and call for heat. If your pilot doesn't light you may have a bad 3 wire pilot assembly or a bad spark ignitor box. Do you hear a small constant click inside the burner box when you turn the heat on?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace light up and stay lite for 3 min, pilot want stay lite, change thermalcouple [ 0 Answers ]

My furnace pilot would not stay lite, changed the thermcouple but pilot would still not stay lite, i installed a new gas valve, now pilot will stay lite until the unit lites up the furnace unit will come on and pilot goes out and unit stays on for about 3 min and then i hear a click and the furnace...

Carrier Furnace, Model: 55DRCO-45CB, how to light pilot light? [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 20 year old CArrier furnace, Series 100, Model 55DRCO-45CB. It is not heating even though the temperature gauge on the wall is on and set to heat, 70 degrees. We checked the fuse. It's fine. We don't see any pilot light--in fact, we don't even know where to look for the pilot...

Pilot light won't stay lite [ 2 Answers ]

My pilot light won't stay lite. The flame is blue and I changed the thermocouple. But the moment I let go of the button it goes out can someone please help me?

How do I lite the pilot on a GE dryer, model#dx2300gboww [ 1 Answers ]

How do I lite the pilot on a GE dryer

View more questions Search