Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srt4 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 04:44 PM
    Ariens Snow Blower Model ST520e
    Have an Ariens snowblower Model ST 520e. Need to remove the wheel to replace the valve because somehow it sheared right off. I removed a bolt and a nut that is on the axle assuming that once the bolt is off I would be able to slidethe wheel off the axle, but no such luck. I sprayed a lot of WD40 it helped with the removal of the bolt and nut . So the question is how do you remove the wheel off an Ariens snow blower

Thank you
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Oct 19, 2012, 11:21 PM
    Hi,
    Sounds like you need something better than WD40. There are a number of high-powered penetrants you can use, as NutBuster, Larch, PB Blaster, Hillman, Kimball-Midwest or Kroil. They are all a bit pricey. A link to the last one is:
    MD-Deal
    And an alternate way is to break the bead loose, get the remnants of the old stem out, put in a new one past the bead and pull it from the outside to seat it.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ariens old snow blower with problems! [ 4 Answers ]

Well my friends gave me an older my guess is 1980s snow blower with and 8 horse power motor, it did not run my guess was the carb,took it apart sprayed the holes and got as much junk out of the tank as I could put it back on and did not fire up it tried but there was not gas coming into the...

Where can I find auger geras for an Ariens Model 932006 Snow Blower [ 1 Answers ]

I need auger gears for an old Ariens snow thrower model # 932006. They are not made anymore nor can I find a manual with part numbers. I snagged the auger with a broken tire chain and brought the auger to a halt. I have looked everywhere with no luck. Thanks

Ariens Snow Blower [ 1 Answers ]

Have an Ariens snow blower and engine will stall at full trottle but if you move the trottle to 3/4 will seem to run OK but very slow. Any ideas, the snow blower is three years old.

View more questions Search