Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    firemedic850 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Payne HVAC PH10JA042-C Not working
    I have a Payne HVAC PH10JA042-C It's a 10seer 3.5ton, It had a number of leaks That I fixed, After fixing I pulled a vacuum It haled the vacuum for over and hour. Charged it. It seemed to be working But after a short time it stopped. The gauges low and high equaled out with the low side slightly higher. Could this be to low of a charge?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2012, 06:20 PM
    It's normal for your gauges to equalize after compressor shut down. What was the psi reading on the gauges when equalized? Was the system froze over with ice? Little more info will help.
    firemedic850 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Top View Post
    It's normal for your gauges to equalize after compressor shut down. What was the psi reading on the gauges when equalized? Was the system froze over with ice? Little more info will help.
    No it didn't freeze, up it would run for about 30mins with the gauges read about 50 on low side and 110 on hight side. The out side temp was about 78, then the low side reading was about 110 and the high side was about 100psi. I put a temp gauge at one of my vents and it got down to 74 deg. I was thinking that the pressure was to low and the compressor was shutting down. Thanks T-TOP
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2012, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by firemedic850 View Post
    No it didn't freeze, up it would run for about 30mins with the gauges read about 50 on low side and 110 on hight side. The out side temp was about 78, then the low side reading was about 110 and the high side was about 100psi. I put a temp gauge at one of my vents and it got down to 74 deg. I was thinking that the pressure was to low and the compressor was shutting down. Thanks T-TOP
    The pressures look a little low but not low enough to shut the compressor off after 30 min of run time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Our unit a PAYNE PH10JA042-B is not working. [ 0 Answers ]

I've tried turning the power off and on again but nothing. Is there a re-set switch?

Payne furance not working [ 1 Answers ]

Payne furance model Year 1992 unit, I have 24 volts at the control board because I jumped out the blower motor and it comes on. Then I jumped out the t-stat at the control board w and are nothing I notice the LED light is very dim but when I jumped out the blower motor between are and g it was a...

Payne Outside Air Fan stopped Working @ 3am [ 4 Answers ]

Thanks in advance for all the assistance. The outside unit is a Payne and at 3am this morning the AC stopped working which brought the temp in the house up quickly an the two little ones were awake quick and not to happy. I have searched the forum a little and came across a few topics that...

Payne HVAC or American Standard [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a 4-ton upflow furnace in a rental house. I have 1 quote for $1400 using american standard and another for $1200 using a Payne. The tech for the Am Stan tells me the Payne is a very poor unit. Any infor on what is best?

Payne HVAC Part [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a PAYNE circuit board MOdel # 810AJ042A.:)

View more questions Search