Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    revmred Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 10:00 AM
    Trane heat pump
    I have a Trane heat pump TWR036c100A2, with electric AUX heat strips. Trying to hook up a White Rodger programmable stat. Have a brown wire coming from Condenser that nor sure where it goes. When I hook everything up , cond. Will not run. Can hook brown wire to B or O and Cond will run but not in the cool mode no matter where I set stat.
    From cond, to stat
    Orange to O
    Red to R
    Blue to C
    Yellow to Y
    Black to L

From eval/blower
    White to W/E with jumper to W2
    Red to R
    Brown to B
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2012, 07:00 PM
    Your orange wire is the reversing valve circuit. Orange to O. Some use brown for aux heat (heat strips)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What trane programmable thermostat can I use with my XL13I trane heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use the 800 series thermostat with my XL13i trane heat pump?

How to wire a trane 900 series thermostat to a trane XL13i heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

How to wire a trane 900 series thermostat to a five wire XL13i heat pump system.

Trane heat pump trane o/b valve setting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a trane xl1200 (I think) heat pump and don't know if I need to set the thermostat setting on the OB Valve to.. 1) O/B terminal controls valve in cooling or 2) O/B terminal controls valve in heating. Thank you for your help, Kevin Baker

Trane XL20i heat pump requires Trane 900 series thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if the Trane XL20i heat pump requires the use of Trane's 900 series thermostat or if a Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat can be used.

My Trane Auxiliary heat on heat pump is tripping breakers. I think all 3 elements are g [ 0 Answers ]

All 3 white control wires on 3 contactors to elements gets energized at the same time even when only calling for 2-3 degrees increase. Is that normal? I thought it was setup to increase elements based upon the amount of heat called for? The point is breakers keep tripping in winter for the last...

View more questions Search