Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ridgerat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 08:56 AM
    I tried to wire a thermostat upstairs. I have a zone controller
    Tried to change thermostat upstairs, but did not know where the white wire connect (no W on new thermostat, and uses batteries), so I tried to B, then tried to o, and l. Disconnected all because I knew it was incorrect, but proved my theory of bad stat, however now zone 1 (downstairs) A/C and heat come on at the same time, it was working correctly before I tried new stat). I rebooted the controller, but still get same results... any ideas?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2012, 06:01 PM
    This could be a very in depth in trying fix over the internet. Zoning control board and thermostats are universal controls(heat pumps, gas heat, hydronic heat) and can be set up to run just about any thing. Not knowing what type of equipment you have or the zone control or the thermostat you have that's trying to drive the equipment is impossible to trouble shoot
    1: Make and model of heat and air equipment.
    2: make and model of zone control board.
    3: make and model of thermostat your trying to use and how the old one was wired.
    All the info will help and is needed to keep from guessing what the problem may be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I bypass a faulty dual zone controller board? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a faulty dual zone controller board that I have nursed along for a quite some time now, but it's finally really dead. I can't afford to replace it so I was wondering if I might bypass it and connect my primary thermostat directly to the AC unit itself. Can anyone tellme if this is a viable...

Bryant zone perfect two zone, damper not opening for upstairs [ 0 Answers ]

Turned on the ac and found that the 2nd story zone damper is not opening, i.e. system is running but can't get airflow to zone 2 - zone one running normal

White Rogers Type 1311 Zone Valve to 3 wire thermostat, color coding request. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a White Rogers Zone Valve Type 1311 and a basic Three (3) wire non-programmable rotary thermostat (Red, White & Yellow). The White Rogers wiring diagram shows hooking one wire from terminal 4 to thermostat, one wire from terminal 5 to thermostat and one wire from terminal 6 to thermostat. ...

Can I eliminate Fossil fuel kit with new HZ432 Zone Controller? [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to upgrade my 4-zone heat pump system (Dual Fuel) to a new 4-zone controller. My question is... will a Honeywell HZ432 Zone Controller allow me to eliminate the systems current TAYPLUS 103 Fossil Fuel kit for a much simpler control package? I would like to retain all of the two stage...

How to wire 3 wire 2 zone cooling only to Honeywell thermostat [ 10 Answers ]

I currently have two zones for cooling only and the thermostat wires are red, blue and white. The red is labeled Rc which is easy, the white is labeled W Heat (this doesn't make sense to me) and the blue is labeled cool? What I think I need to do is connect the red to the Rc on the thermostat,...

View more questions Search