Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2012, 01:28 AM
    Shared Baths
    There has been some questions over the months that have dealt with a child and parent bathing together. In general I feel I did not look properly at the issue.
    Ey
    While here in China, there is a custom here of a Bath House, man, boys of all ages go and bathe ( they have another one for women) While there are workers to scrub to get dead skin off, in a family a son may be washing his fathers back, or father the sons, And everyone is in the showers or bathing tubs or hot tubs at the same time.

There is no culture issue of being nude together.

In many toilets ( they don't call them rest rooms) they are just open rooms, you sit or squat and use the bathroom in the open with others doing the same thing.

I have even seen some young kids and elderly doing it in the park or along the road, since that is where they are at.

The human body and nudity is not considered wrong or bad, just natural and part of life.

** and until you had a milk bath you have not lived.

So really needed to readdress my answers on these to reflect the culture the people are from.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 18, 2012, 02:05 PM
    The culture issue with them regarding bathing, urinating, defecating is quite simple. Everything is black or white with them, no gray area.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 19, 2012, 08:44 PM
    That has always been my idea of approaching the issue. Its not as formal as just the way I see it. Many cultures are very different from our own. To me the line is drawn at inappropriate touching. Short of that its not up to me to judge what is going on as far as attitude. Many Europeans sunbathe topless or completely nude and for them there is nothing wrong with it.

Its mostly in America where the attitude comes into play that something is wrong. Im not saying its for everyone but for those that may choose it then it is their business not mine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sitz baths [ 0 Answers ]

In your opinion, is there any benefits to adding baking soda to the bath water. Any tips will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No hot water in upstairs baths [ 13 Answers ]

We have two upstairs baths and lately, neither are getting hot water. The water pressure is fine, but the temperature will only get warm. Both showers have a separate hot and cold handle as do the sinks. The strange thing is that sometimes the water will be hot, but most times not. Our house...

Sewage smell in baths [ 1 Answers ]

There is a sewage smell in all the bathrooms and sometimes in the kitchen. What causes this? This is especially bad when the weather is hot.

No hot water in unused baths [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I live in a 2 year old house with 4 bathrooms. We only use the master bath to shower. My wife turns on the faucets in each bathroom every week for a few minutes but the bath faucets have single handles and she only turns it to the center (both hot and cold). When she turned it only to...

My dog hates baths [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old golden retriver and she hates baths. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried the tub, outside with a hose, a small wading pool, different shampoos, groomers, different groomers. You name it, I've tried it. If I even mention the word bath, she runs off or it's like...

View more questions Search