Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bingbingny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 11:30 PM
    Need help now I only have 1 hour let till I have to be at work and have to have my w-
    I'm a dad and my baby's mom lives with me how many do I put on my w4 form so I can still get a good paycheack but make out wit a really good tex refund
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2012, 11:58 PM
    Ok, Do you realise that a refund, unless it is unearned income, is just YOUR money they give back to you, They keep it all year at no interest and then make you file to get it back.

It is much better to get as much as you can each check, and then not owe, but not get as much back.

But the less dependents you claim, the more they hold out, so the more you may get back.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 18, 2012, 04:52 AM
    I assume you are NOT married, so claim SINGLE status with FOUR allowances to maximize withholding.

You will still get a refund because you qualify for the $1,000 Child Tax Credit as Head of Household plus possibly for the Earned Income Credit, depending on your income level.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 18, 2012, 05:04 AM
    You are allowed to change the number of exemptions during the year. Some employers limit the number of times you can do that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas water heater will only work for a hour are so! [ 0 Answers ]

I have a gas water heater with electric spark ignition. I have cleaned the filter- erester under the water heater.I will start the pilot light and then the main flame and it will stay on for a hour are so then will stop working.is it the thermostat or what?I have not had this problem before! It...

I work 12 to 24 hour days is that right or am I being over worked [ 7 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I have been working 12 to 24 hour days.. I have a fiancée at home that I barely get to see and I want to know if its right that I work 12 to 24 hour days or am I being over worked?

Hurt at work fired hour later for something else [ 3 Answers ]

I have been having major issues with a new boss. Today at work someone mopped out a freezer unknown to me and the floor was a sheet of ice and islipped and my back is in severe pain. While I was filling out my first report of injury my boss came in and fired me for a non related issue can I still...

View more questions Search