Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    compiler Posts: 91, Reputation: -1

Oct 17, 2012, 09:14 PM
    How to completely remove the program from the computer?
    I uninstalled downloaded programs from the Uninstall Programs in the Control Panel. After I restore the system to the early date, I saw those removed programs show up again in the Uninstall Programs List but they just cannot locate the programs if I click on uninstall button. I believe the program has been removed but some items are still in my computer. So, after the system is restored to the early date, the undeleted items return to the Uninstall Programs List. Do you know how to delete all the items related to the removed programs? Where do they usually hide in the compute? Thank you for your answer.
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 12:07 AM
    Sometimes it happens like after even after uninstallation some file are still showing up in file explorer.
    If such problem persists through file explorer search for the files associated with the software manually delete files associated with it and completely remove the software.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 18, 2012, 03:14 AM
    When you do a Restore, it restores your Registry from an earlier time. The Registry is a database of settings on your computer. So by restoring , you put back the entries in the Registry that listed the uninstalled programs. But since they have already been removed from the hard drive, you can't uninstall them again.

What you can do is use a Registry Cleaner like CCCleaner to remove orphaned entries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer will not boot up completely.. Why? [ 3 Answers ]

My avg scanner says I have a virus c:TDD.EXE trojan horse dropper. Agent.cro Also partition table MBR reads error and boot sector of disk reads error. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Will my computer get virurs if I use a program with virus with my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Will my computer get virurs if I use a program with virus with my computer

How to completely shut down my computer [ 3 Answers ]

My computer is basically trashed. I cannt do anything, I'm lucky to be doing thisand I've asked every where. So here it goes, How do I completely shut my computer down, I mean get an "as new look" Please don't ak me if I mean all these diff names. Because everyone calls things diff names and I am...

View more questions Search