Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria2day Posts: 94, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 08:22 PM
    Can I get a cortisone shot if I have a cold?
    I have a torn rotator cuff and have been having a LOT of pain. I am scheduled to get a cortisone shot next week. When I woke up this morning I had a sore throat and sniffles. Will I still be able to get the cortisone shot? Don't they sometimes give cortisone shots to people that have the flu?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 18, 2012, 02:46 AM
    Getting a cortisone shot has nothing to do with your immune system, or a cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenalog shot (cortisone) to brighten/even out mono-blackened skin? [ 2 Answers ]

After going through a dozen derms and plastic surgeon consultations and treatments since Luly, for the past month (Since Aug 15) I have been getting bi weekly Triamcinolone shots and noticed my ashy black areas have brightened up and the stark white spots have gotten some golden brown color to...

How do I relax when getting a cortisone shot in my foot? [ 0 Answers ]

How do I relax when getting a cortisone shot in my foot?

Cortisone moon face [ 1 Answers ]

Please help - I have had two lots of cortisone in my back a week apart . Since then I have suffered awful leg pain - wrist pain a really swollen face and feel like I'm coming down with something . I have had numerous tests - inconclusive . Please let me know if my face will ever return to normal as...

Cortisone Injections in Neck [ 9 Answers ]

This coming Thursday I am getting Cortisone Injections in my neck (I have 4 bulging discs from a car accident). The doctor gave me the run down, but of course he's vague about everything. Has anyone ever had these done before? What should I expect? I'm kind of nervous, lol.

Cortisone injections has any body tried this? [ 5 Answers ]

HEllo haven't been on here in a minute but yesterday was my second cortisone injection and when I removed the bandage the area that I got the shot in was completely lighter then my original skin color so right about now I have two spots of white on my left and my right arm right on my shoulders......

View more questions Search