Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Garnerean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Replacing old heat pump thermostat with Honeywell RTH3100C
    I have a Rheem heat pump with auxiliary and emergency heat. My current thermostat is a Seco TA-2000 with the following wiring configuration: B W2 X R G and a piece of wire connected between E and W2. There's also an orange wire that's not connected to the thermostat. The Honeywell manual does not address this situation beyond referring me to a heating / cooling contractor. My terminals on the Honeywell thermostat are as follows:
    E Aux Y G O L R B C. Can anyone tell me the correct wiring configuration? Thanks.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Mar 14, 2007, 01:00 AM
    Have you looked under the sticky notes at the top of the page. Might be something in there about the letter/color change

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Weathertron thermostat with Honeywell [ 7 Answers ]

I am attempting to replace our Weathertron thermostat with a Honeywell RTH3100C. We have a Trane heatpump system. I am having trouble with the wiring. My wires don't match the 'less common wire designations' in the manual. I have the following wires on the Weathertron: R-red T-brown O-orange...

Replacing old thermostat with a Honeywell RTH230B [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing my old Honeywell mecury thermostat with a programmable Honeywell RTH230B. I have two unmarked wires (red & white) connected to the old thermostat. I know, given my furnace, that I need to use connections "RH" and "W" on my new thermostat. What wire, Red/White goes to what...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Honeywell RTH 7400 Thermostat wiring for Heat Pump (Rheem) [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to hook up a Honeywell RTH 7400 Tstat to the existing Rheem HVAC in my house. Currently using Rheem thermostat that came with the house (non-programmeable, using mercury tubes). Heating is provided by a heat pump as well as Natural gas furnace for aux heating (besides the air...

Please Help w/Replacing Honeywell Thermostat... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I've just removed my Honeywell Thermostat and am trying to replace it with a Noma programmable tstat... but am having problems with the wiring. There are 5 wires coming out of the wall - Green, Black, Orange, Red and White, and only 4 posts on the Noma tstat (Green, Red, Yellow and White). ...

View more questions Search