Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Billy7448 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Battery charge
    Why won't my battery charge in my Bolens Tractor and how do I test the part that might cause the problem? I have voltmeters and ohmeters.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 12:16 PM
    Not all tractors have a charging feature. Are you sure your tractor once charged?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
    If it doesn't seem to have an alternator, look for some wires that could be coming out of coils next to the flywheel. They should be hot when the engine is running. I never heard of anything with a battery that didn't come with something to charge it.
    Billy7448 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 02:43 PM
    No alternator but it has a generater.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long should I charge my new cell phone battery? [ 24 Answers ]

I have had the worst luck with new cell phones. I buy them, let the battery die, and then charge it until it is fully charged. After I do this it seems that the battery is so crappy. I have to constantly charge my new phone and the battery only lasts less then 10 hours. I need help!! If anyone...

Portable Jump Starter doesn't charge flat battery? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have the Yellow Portable Jump Starter with Air Compressor, The problem is I have charged it fully and it always stays at 13 on the meter Which is in the green which is supposed to be good. When my cars battery goes flat it doesn't charge the battery, doesn't do anything, But it...

Alternator keeps burning up and won't charge battery on 1990 accord [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord ex 5-speed and my alternator keeps going out when I uuse my lights and I have replaced it 3 times I need to knoe what is causeing it my dash lights start to go dim then its will just run on the battery until it dies what is going on?

Under Or Over Charge! [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Know If The System Under Or Over Charge Without Using The Gauge.

View more questions Search