Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troubletroxell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2012, 01:37 AM
    Complaints about parole officers
    He say's I have to turn myself in to state prison, cause they went over his head and released me. I tried reporting this to his supervisor and that's when he changed the reason for the violation, by lying about the second test I had given. I am a "N" number (civil addict), which means, I will be off parole soon due to the state doing away with the entire program. So, my parole officer says if I don't turn myself in he will get me excluded by writing a letter to the judge, which means I won't get off parole like everyone else, I will have to go back into custody as a regular felon and finish the rest of my sentence. I don't need any help sabatoging my life, I can do it all by myself. The last thing I need is a parole officer who hates me and believes I deserve nothing else but to be in prison. He calls me names and degrades me in front of other people. Where do I turn and who will believe me and get him away from me. This has been going on for almost 2 years now and I've onlly been in the free wiorld a couple of months. I want to go home.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 17, 2012, 03:56 AM
    You glossed right over the first part, about a second test (drug test, I assume) and who 'they' are who released you 'over his head' - how can he even be in the picture yet, unless you keep going in and out? So please tell the story with more detail.
    Of course whenever you go to a supervisor, the PO will have a fit and use all his power to throw you back in prison. Happens all the time, and there isn't a lot you can do about it without a good lawyer. Being on parole doesn't come with any more rights than you have inside. You are basically still in, and are just out to make more room inside.

I'm not judging you. I think it's criminal how many people are imprisoned for drugs, many of whom shouldn't be.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 17, 2012, 03:58 AM
    Hello t:

You're in a world of hurt... It seems as though your relationship with your present PO is toast, so I'd stick with his supervisor... Write him a letter outlining EVERY event that you told us about... Send your letter CERTIFIED, return receipt requested, and send a copy to the JUDGE and to the PROSECUTOR...

Once stuff is written down and part of the RECORD, they act differently... It's a bold move... But, it's TIME for bold moves.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2012, 05:28 AM
    Yes, a Parole Officer, unlike a Probation officer, has much wider powers and the board normally just do what he says

Next no, if he wants you in prison, he arrests you, or he gives you a court order to turn yourself back in.

Everything else is BS to mess with you. Don't you know by now, that correctional officers and Parole officers ( most parole officers used to be correctional officers, that is their promotion they think) have nothing better to do, than mess with you.

Unless you can prove what he is saying, he is just saying it, what is in the actual written reports

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it a parole violation to move without telling your parole officer? [ 9 Answers ]

Please help! My husband and I have been separated for 4 yrs. He was in prison (assault and drug charges) for the last 2 years, and recently was released on parole. He claims to be living in Anderson county,TX and has all his home visits there. Thing is, he's living here in Smith County,TX with one...

Harassment by parole officers [ 9 Answers ]

I have a porole agent coming to my home at 4 am 5am don't matter what time looking for a family member of mine I have cooperate with them what I know and allow them to search my home twice and they still continue to come and threat me with all sorts of accusation when all I want to do is for me and...

Can you ask to change Parole officers? [ 4 Answers ]

Can a person on Parole ask to transfer officers? My husband has been passed around to 3 different officers and the second one he had was awesome but a new guy comes on and she passed my husband off to him and he is a complete ****! I mean I know they have to be a certain way but don't hand me a...

Are parole officers required to answer to anyone? [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is on parole and is still a mess. She is still doing drugs, driving on a suspended license, drinking, etc. (Her problem is 2 DWI's in less than 40 days:eek:) Anyway, her parole officer has has never checked on her, enforced her stipulations etc. Sh ehas talked to him 2 times since...

View more questions Search