Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 28, 2012, 03:10 AM
    Yes, they can go to 27 or 28 days, but not passed that. Have to be kept warm and moist at all times. I guess you know all of that though. I don't handling a lot is a good idea.

I hope you aren't candling it to see how it is doing. The flame would be too hot.
    vannarea Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2012, 01:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Yes, they can go to 27 or 28 days, but not passed that. Have to be kept warm and moist at all times. I guess you know all of that though. i dont handling a lot is a good idea.

I hope you arent candling it to see how it is doing. The flame would be too hot.
    So do I need to turn it again or leave it alone I haven't turned it in 2 days. When it hatches I have a pen that takes up half my room for it and I was wondering if I can put hay in the bottom of the pen or will it bother the baby
    Expert

Nov 28, 2012, 01:42 PM
    No hay.

But and a big but, duckling may not survive unless it is with others of its own kind. How do you plan on dealing with that issue ?

Yes, turn it, keep warm and moist. You could spray with warm water.

Nov 28, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    No hay.

But and a big but, duckling may not survive unless it is with others of its own kind. How do you plan on dealing with that issue ?

Yes, turn it, keep warm and moist. You could spray with warm water.
    Why wouldn't it survive we didn't ever discuse that. The incubator I have needs water in the bottom and it evaporats on the eggs do I still need to spray it
    Expert

Nov 28, 2012, 03:59 PM
    I didn't know, or forgot that you had bought an incubator.

Use your common sense; how can an animal that small survive without interaction and learning from siblings. That is how they learn; how are you going to show it how to eat and interact with its kind. I thought you knew this.

Next time incubate 7 or 8 or even l0 duck eggs and have them hatch all at once and you will see what I mean eventually.

They have inherent memory, all animals do, collective memory, but you are dealing with ONE duck.
    lealoo123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2012, 07:46 AM
    Try okacast's shop
    Expert

Nov 30, 2012, 07:56 AM
    Okacast shop for what, lealoo ? What exactly are you referring to ?

I don't see anything on the net vavguely like the spelling.

Nov 30, 2012, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lealoo123 View Post
    try okacast's shop
    Is this an answer to one of my questions or to one of tickles replys.
    Is it a web site or a actual shop
    Expert

Nov 30, 2012, 12:49 PM
    I would like to know too. Probably someone who hasn't read this whole thread of ours.

Dec 2, 2012, 09:18 PM
    My cat figured out how to turn my incubator temp down. It was 80 for a few hours before I found out. The one closer to hatching died so I'm worried about the others but they seem to still be growing. Will keep you posted about other eggs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does a peephole on a duck egg look like [ 0 Answers ]

My one duck was sitting on eggs and something came and got her, so I took the eggs inside and put them in an incubator. I don't know how old the eggs are. I know there fertile because I shined a light on them and I see stuff in them. But I can't make out if there alive and how old they are. When I...

Duck can't walk [ 2 Answers ]

I have a duck that is about six months old. He is a male and I have another male so they may have got in a fight but, there is no blood or broked legs have cheeked him good. I found him stuck in the mud and could not walk. He is eating and drinking and pooping but can not walk. Could it be his...

What's a good duck to have [ 8 Answers ]

Just want some ppls opinion on which species of duck is better as a pet and why...

Whole Duck [ 6 Answers ]

Any tips or recipes on how to prepare duck. Thank you!

View more questions Search