Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lchatten Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Kenmore washer squealing and burning smell
    Acouple of days ago my washer (Kenmore, 8 years+) blew it's drive coupler. I replaced it, but now after it runs for a minute or so it starts to squeal and emit a burning rubber smell.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 10:39 PM
    Diagnostic Guide Link
    I found service tech diagnostic guides (PDF format) during an online search. This includes instructions on putting the dryer into test mode in order to check switches, etc. Here are the links:

Gas Dryer:
    http://www.servicematters.com/docs/w...%203980053.pdf

Electric Dryer:
    http://www.servicematters.com/docs/w...%203979705.pdf
    Homeowner2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2019, 06:55 PM
    Had the same problem. In an attempt to isolate the problem so I started with the easiest part to take off (the pump). Took off the pump and ran it in spin. No squealing. Took off the pump hoses and drained the pump. Attached the pump with out the hoses and put it on spin. No squealing. Hooked the hoses back up and all seems to be well. The next load there was a slight smell but not as bad. I think it maybe the rubber (new coupler) was not seated or had some residue to burn off. Best I can guess is the pump had something blocking it. It may have been why the coupler broke in the first place.

I know the original poster (2007) likely does't care anymore but I have no idea what answer 1 has to do with the problem. Hope this helps someone else.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Washer Burn Smell [ 2 Answers ]

I have a kenmore washer model number 110.92581210 that the motor smells like it is burning. I put a new motor on but the same thing happens. It goes into agitate but then overloads and then comes back on in about 30 seconds.Same as in spin is it possible the timer can cause the smell in the motor.

Burning Rubber Smell Kenmore 90 Series Washer [ 1 Answers ]

A burning rubber smell is coming from the washer when it is running. This is the first time this washser has done this. Could it be a bad motor? How can I begin troubleshooting this? Specifically, it is a Kenmore 90 Series Heavy Duty Super Capacity Plus Washer with Quiet Pack, whatever that is......

Burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

I woke up this morning to a burning smell coming from heat vents. I can't see anything burning and I changed out the filter already. It smells like plastic.

Burning Smell Associated with Light Switch [ 2 Answers ]

I have one light switch that frequently produces a burning smell when turned off (although the light plate is never warm to the touch). The light switch is not particularly old, but wasn't replaced yesterday either. I have had this problem in apartments I have lived in in the past, although this...

Burning smell in Hampton Bay [ 2 Answers ]

Just bought a new house that has Hampton Bay ceiling fans/lights in several rooms. Each one gets a hot or burning smell after they've been on awhile. Is there a break-in period for these things or did the builder wire something wrong, or do the 60W bulbs need to be 40W? :confused: A little...

View more questions Search