Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JLMP Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2012, 03:04 PM
    does po have to tell you if you have to do EtG?
    I've had 9-10 drinks every night this past weekend (Fri-Sun) last drink at 8pm. I didn't know about the EtG testing before. I found out that I have to come in for random drug urine analysis Wed at 6pm. Can they randomly give me EtG test withour telling me? I should be alcohol free for 70 hours at that point. What are my chances of failing? Should I worry about it?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
    Were the terms of your probation to remain drug and alcohol free? If so, they can do random tests at any time of the day or night if they so wish.

Oct 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
    I am on pre-trial bond supervision so zero alcohol and drugs. I had clearance to leave state this past weekend and did not know about this EtG test. I thought that all the alcohol would be out of my system by Monday.

Oct 16, 2012, 03:28 PM
    Even though they told me to just come in for random urine analysis, they can give me EtG?
    Expert

Oct 16, 2012, 03:29 PM
    Sorry buddy, you were told not to drink or drug, but you did it anyway.

It's possible that you may pass, but it's risky.

Doesn't matter whether you KNOW about the test, what matters was that you KNEW you weren't supposed to drink.

Oct 16, 2012, 03:33 PM
    What if I can somehow reschedule it for another day that will be almostt 100 hours? What are the chances they will do the EtG?
    Expert

Oct 16, 2012, 03:40 PM
    If you reschedule it you are making yourself look guiltier (is that a word?) than you already are.

Even though they told me to just come in for random urine analysis, they can give me EtG?
    If they are asking for a random UA, what else do you expect them to test? Protein in your urine? Of course they can give you a EtG since abstaining from alcohol is part of the terms of your probation.

Look dude, you screwed the pooch and you know it. Now you are trying to back peddle and avoid the consequences to your actions. Life don't work like that.

Face the music... pay the piper... all that carp. Unfortunately you are just going to have to suck it up. If you try to change that appointment, depending on your location in the world, they could just show up at your house and tell you to pee in a cup. I've seen it done several times.

Oct 16, 2012, 04:17 PM
    But do you think a pretty good chance of passing since it was over 70 hours? I was put on this supervision last Thursday. Can't I just say that was my last night of drinking?

Also, do they do the lab right then and there or do they send it out to a lab for test.

They also said that its going to be a drug test. No mention of EtG. My lawyer thinks it will just be a drug test.
    Expert

Oct 16, 2012, 05:29 PM
    You never mentioned a drug test until now. I don't know what they are going to do since I don't know the terms of your probation. Only you, the court, your PO and your lawyer know that as of now. If the terms of your probation was to avoid alcohol, expect an EtG test.

Will they do it there or send it out? I don't know, as I don't know how the lab works where you are.

cant I just say that was my last night of drinking?
    No, because you knew better before that night.

Oct 17, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Went in and they didn't even test for alcohol. I asked about ETG and the PO did not even know what that was. They had a checklist of like 10 drugs they test for and they just tested for 3. Maybe it was leanier cause I am on pre-trial bond supervision, not probation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2012, 08:02 PM
    Most times they will not reschedule, unless you show good cause, in hospital, or something.

Of course they don't have to tell you about a test, esp a random test, the PO can even show up at work or home and ask for a test at any time.

Look, you broke the rules of probation, you knew it was NONE, and you used, the test is the least of your worries, will you pass, I doubt it, and the judge will not be happy since you are showing a disregard for his orders.

But even if you do, what you really need to fear is one of your freiends or someone who saw you drinking, telling the PO. Or even posting photos of you drinking on YouTube, There are cases every day someone is violated because PO saw them out drinking on YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search