Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maine82 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2012, 01:33 PM
    1 year old gerbil now on own
    Hi I had two gerbils both sisters they are 1 year old one died very suddenly tonight and her sister won't stop searching for her do I get another gerbil and separate the cage or do I leave her and hope she copes OK on her own?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Oct 16, 2012, 04:53 PM
    She will be OK on her own. Adding another Gerbil at this point will likely cause them to fight with each other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can gerbil live on its own? [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted one gerbil and then I asked the shop staff if I can buy another gerbil for him and he said no cause they might fight! But can I actually buy one?

Gerbil died [ 3 Answers ]

Somewhere around January and February, my Gerbil died. I think she may have hurt herself. Not long before she died, I would pet her and I could feel her what I think was her spine sticking up all bumpy and she appeared to be in pain. Does anyone know what was wrong with her?

Runt gerbil not looking well [ 2 Answers ]

I have a litter of 15 day old gerbils. Three of them are strong and healthy. Shiny fur, eyes still sealed shut, very active and try to chase after momma when she leaves them. The last however, is now a third of their, size, not much bigger then at birth, and doesn't seem to be growing. The size...

Should I keep gerbil on its own? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I was hoping someone could help. I adopted a gerbil from a pet centre that was handed in when the owners no longer wanted it. It is 2 year old female and nobody wanted to adopt it, so it stayed alone in the pet shop for a good few months. It was a breeding female at one point and so the woman...

My gerbil had a baby and I don't know the first thing about gerbil babies! AUGH [ 2 Answers ]

I got 2 gerbils from the pet store a while ago and was told they were both males. One of them started getting fat, I thought I just had a lazy gerbil. NOW THERE'S A LITTLE BABY IN THEIR CAGE! What do I do? We can't afford another cage! How do I separate them? I heard they can get pregnant right...

View more questions Search