Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cornishman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Remote desk top
    Hello I am always on the phone helping my sister with her computer problems,is there a way I can take over her computer remotely to help ?

Thaanks
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 11, 2007, 09:53 AM
    There is a way to do it through windows. I now there is because my partner, before we lived together, used it to sort my computer out when it got some seriously nasty viruses and was playing up. It basically accesses your windows from another computer so you can fiddle. Its quite funny to watch. I will admit I have no idea how to do it, I remember going to something called remote access and then allowing him to do it, but that's about all I know, he was talking me through it on the phone at the time.
    KathRoth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2011, 12:55 PM
    Yes! There is a wonderful new service called join.me

Go there; have your sister go there and download the program. Then she can open the page with the problem and give you an address to"find" her. She can even give you control of the cursor. Good luck!
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Apr 28, 2011, 06:55 AM

There are several solutions available, Go to assist works well and there is a free trial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Laptop to Desk top connectivity [ 3 Answers ]

What sort of hardware must be installed in the desk top? Can a wireless card be used with a USB connection. Or must I use a router?

Roll Top Desk [ 2 Answers ]

How does one unlock the drawers? The rolltop lock does not function and the drawers on the left are open. The locking mechanisms are spring loaded hooks that hook over the back of the drawers when they are closed. How do I get the right drawers open?

Help desk [ 8 Answers ]

Instructions Compose an email for each of the following situations. A user emails the helpdesk requesting access to shared drive \\mnthyreportsclinic. This shared drive does not exist, however a shared drive \\monthlyreports does exist. Email the user requesting clarification.

Desk top set up [ 1 Answers ]

?? How do I delete pictures from the desktop settings

View more questions Search