Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harmonization Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2012, 08:26 PM
    Is my ankle sprained?
    I really hurt my ankle today when we had a fire drill. I was standing in the middle of the hill and was turning in circles because I cannot stand still. But then my ankle turned out and it hurt so much! I didn't realise what had happened at first, and when we got back into the classroom I thought it fell asleep so I banged it against the desk to wake it up. It still hurt, but I had gym next and had to run the mile which probably didn't help it. I told a couple of my friends to see what they thought but they didn't know. I wanted to go to the nurse but the teacher wouldn't let me. I tried to ignore it throughout the day but it was really hurting me. So when I was walking in the crowded, narrow hallway, someone stepped on my foot! I wanted to scream at the person but I didn't because it wasn't the right thing to do. When it was time to leave, I got tripped on the stairs and my foot got stepped on again when I was on the bus. I'm currently elevating it, but its not swelling. I've twisted an ankle before and it hurt WAY less. Plus it turned black and blue but went away in a few hours. It has been 7 hours since I got off the bus.. is it sprained even though it didn't swell? I also have an ACE bandage on it just in case.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 15, 2012, 08:38 PM
    Black and blue lasts for two weeks. Sprained ankles swell. No, you didn't sprain your ankle. Do your homework and go to school in the morning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need advice please.. Sprained ankle. [ 0 Answers ]

On May 19th 2012 I was involved in a motorcycle accident and got a pretty nasty sprained ankle as a result. I went to the er and had x-rays taken.. no broken bones which shocked the doctor and nurses alike. It's now been over a month and I still have an enormous amount of pain and also still have...

Sprained ankle swelling [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have to go to the hospital if a sprained ankle turns into a swollen foot that really hurts?

How should my sprained ankle look like? [ 1 Answers ]

I was sliding down the side of stairs and it was thin. I was going up one by one as I got the hang of it. On the 7th step I started to slide down and on this slide I decided to go slowly so my hand stayed and then I collapsed as my ankle twisted. Only the ankle bone from the side looks very...

Should I see a doctor for a sprained ankle? [ 16 Answers ]

I was at school and my friend pushed me and I tripped over a hole and landed on my left ankle the wrong way I guess. But I got home and my mom saw that it was swollen and she told me to rest it so I did for that day and she said the swelling will be gone tomorrow but it still isn't gone. I don't...

Sprained ankle [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm after some advice regarding a bad sprain. On Saturday night my left ankle gave way coming down the stairs and I fell hurting it pretty bad. Went to casualty where it was xrayed and told it was just a sprain and sent on my way (nothing on it and just told to ice and rest). So went away...

View more questions Search