Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Harvey Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2005, 02:29 PM
    Unexplained excellent credit rating
    A friend, after claiming bankruptcy, had to have a co-signer to buy a car. A few months later he tried for a small loan and was told that he had a three gold star credit rating and could borrow up to $75,000 with no problem. (This is in Canada) What could possibly have happened to give him such an excellent credit rating?
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2005, 10:24 PM
    When you do file your slate gets wiped clean and it looks like you've never been in debt so that is probably why the excellent rating.
    cpalmist Posts: 137, Reputation: 32

Sep 11, 2007, 10:58 AM
    My brother went through bankrubtcy a few years ago and started getting credit cards by the handful a few days later - at aht time it was that you can't file for bankruptcy again for 7 yrs or something so boy, howdy, you were a good credit bet.

Be aware that bankruptcy laws have changed in the US this year such that you can NOT wipe out credit card debt through that process. Don't know how Canadian laws handle that.

Oh, and your credit report does show that you have been through bankruptcy so it's not like you get a clean slate.

Please to rate usefulness of this anwer.
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Sep 11, 2007, 12:06 PM
    The new bankruptcy laws are strict but I am pretty sure in the US you can still wipe out credit card debt I have known people that have done it this year 2007
    Harvey Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2007, 09:10 PM
    This took place in BC, Canada. After discharge your name is in the Credit Bureau for 7 years. Even after the 7 years you may have to request its removal. The person I refer to suddenly had a five star credit rating after less than a year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bill & Ted's Excellent Advernture Song [ 2 Answers ]

I know a lot of people want the song from the first bill & Ted movie... the song that plays when they go forward into the future... its called 'in time' and its hard to get but I have it if anyone wants it... :D

Looking for product rating software with... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I am looking for a product rating software or code that I can use that can do the following: Example: I want to post 10 similar products in some random order and my visitors will rate the product. I want a software or code that can list the products,in the order of their respective...

Unexplained large kitchen sink leak [ 8 Answers ]

Last night after running the water normally and rinsing off vegatables I noticed the kitchen sink draining a little slow, but nothing I thought anything of. After running the water and rinsing off the veggies and washing the dishes I turned off the water and the sink drained. I did not run the...

Recessed cans and I/C rating, what does it really mean? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello again all, and thanks in advance for any advice you can offer. I installed 8 recessed (6") cans in my attic ceiling. they are rated for insulation contact (I/C) . they are installed in a 2x4 ceiling. i plan to lay insulation perpindicular/over the top of the 2x4's. and then also insulate...

Personl credit rating [ 3 Answers ]

I sold my house in April this year and am currently renting a property. I have never had any problem with my credit rating and have never been refused any creeit cards or loans! Until I moved into this rented house. Am I right in belive-ing that a persons credit rating can be affected by there...

View more questions Search